Subject: [email-masked] build failure on i686-linux
From: Dariqq <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2024 19:22:10 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

After core-updates the [email-masked] pacakge is ooming during 
'make-dynamic-linker-cache phase on i686-linux.

Was looking through the llvm.scm and this phase already gets skipped on 
llvm@16, llvm@17 and llvm@18

 From https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/5769504/details

starting phase `make-dynamic-linker-cache'
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 32772 KiB):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 65540 KiB):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 131076 KiB):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 262148 KiB):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 32772 KiB):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 65540 KiB):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 262148 KiB):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance
GC Warning: Failed to expand heap by 278532 KiB
GC Warning: Failed to expand heap by 262148 KiB
GC Warning: Out of Memory! Heap size: 3449 MiB. Returning NULL!
Warning: Unwind-only out of memory exception; skipping pre-unwind handler.
Warning: Unwind-only out of memory exception; skipping pre-unwind handler.
Warning: Unwind-only out of memory exception; skipping pre-unwind handler.
build process 18 exited with status 256