Subject: [PATCH 0/6] Package and use RetroArch assets, plus other improvements.
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2024 09:29:26 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Testing RetroArch, I wondered why the UI was so unappealing, with black boxes
where there should have been icons and pixelated text.  It was difficult to
comprehend the interface.

Researching a bit, I've found the 'assets' are actually needed for the various
menu modes of RetroArch to render correctly; I've thus packaged them, and
devised a way to discover them in a way that will be immune to going stale
(RetroArch always saves a configuration file upon exists, and persists any
settings used -- the environment variable mechanism devised thus had to
override a value found in the ~/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg file).

Maxim Cournoyer (6):
  gnu: Add retroarch-assets.
  gnu: retroarch: Use gexps.
  gnu: retroarch: Add missing inputs, upgrade Qt to version 6.
  gnu: retroarch: Clean-up source from extraneous bundled libraries.
  gnu: retroarch: Add search-path support for assets discovery.
  gnu: retroarch: Really disable online fetching of cores and resources.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   1 +
 gnu/packages/emulators.scm                    | 169 +++++++++++++-----
 .../retroarch-improved-search-paths.patch     | 132 ++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 260 insertions(+), 42 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/retroarch-improved-search-paths.patch

base-commit: a4ea332bc219e14560d3a5daaa658425d898ec37
-- 
2.46.0