Subject: Adding Hyprland
From: The Man <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2024 22:31:19 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

While the conditions are not quite ideal, guix is almost in a form to
accept Hyprland
the following remains:
mesa-updates commits:
318a1b8596b4862e7449f9e809fc29b203256db6 (gnu: wayland-protocols: Update to
1.37.)
fdc34f63b54de7d356cc5adcbed7a0c7a532c789 (gnu: libinput: Update to 1.26.2.)
in the master guix branch:
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/73311 (libliftoff)
others:
pipewire updated (only issue with a single header, not a real blocker but
would be ideal)

Otherwise, see attached with the hypr* desktop and utilities building,
running, and working
on my desktop.

The only caveat existing is that adding the following:
("GBM_BACKENDS_PATH" . ,(file-append mesa "/lib:$GBM_BACKENDS_PATH"))
to a home-environment-variables-service-type in your home configuration is
apparently a
requirement for running or hyprland will complain about egl/gbm.
otherwise I've tested the functionality of the desktop and nothing appears
to be broken.
linked, a screenshot of hyprland running in guix:
https://files.catbox.moe/2troyt.webp

attached are the package and service files.
feel free to put this off until later, this is only to show that it can be
done.