Subject: Re: [bug#72858] [PATCH] gnu: godot: Update to 4.3
From: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: msglm <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2024 21:05:08 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello msglm and Ludo’,

On Wed, Sep 04, 2024 at 07:12 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> Hi,
>
> msglm <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> +              (file-name (git-file-name name version "-stable"))
>
> The problem mentioned in my previous message is still here.
>
> Could you send a patch without this typo?
>
> Ludo’.

Thanks for trying to update Godot, msglm. Unfortunately, your patch does
not work (as noted above) and there was more to be done to update Godot,
which I've done after testing locally (building and running). In
particular, the snippet and a phase needed to be adjusted. Please see
commit 123b7226a0442ee4103c04064d453421424d5fac for details if you are
interested. I also needed to update embree (also tested locally and
build blender with it) which was done with
31a55a652f8e4856fd66b47377e214b7d20b4f61.

Thank you for your efforts! If you are interested, Godot has many
bundled libraries which should be unbundled, some of which we have
packaged (but may need updates or patching in Godot to use them) and
others which are not packaged. It would be great to make some progress
on that front if you'd like to work on Godot-related packaging.

John