Subject: 29.4; Doc string of `org-indent-mode'
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2024 20:23:59 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Likely applies also to other minor-mode doc strings.

emacs -Q
C-h f org-indent-mode
____

That shows you doc that includes this, where `org-indent-mode' is a link
intended to give you information about the _variable_ of that name:

  To check whether the minor mode is enabled in the current buffer,
  evaluate 'org-indent-mode'.

Clicking that link doesn't take you to the _variable_ part of the *Help*
buffer; it just puts you back at the start of the buffer (after
redrawing it uselessly).

It should take you to the description of the variable.  And the sentence
should include the word "variable" before `org-indent-mode'; otherwise,
it makes little sense to speak of evaluating that symbol, and the text
can confuse or mislead users.

In GNU Emacs 29.4 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2024-07-05 built on
 AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19045
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19045.4651)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation=aot
 --without-compress-install --with-sqlite3 --with-tree-sitter
 CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252