Subject: 31.0.50; with-editor typos
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2024 11:48:29 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Severity: minor

diff --git a/docs/with-editor.org b/docs/with-editor.org
index 1c89fe93b8e..ce13da5d982 100644
--- a/docs/with-editor.org
+++ b/docs/with-editor.org
@@ -38,7 +38,7 @@ commit messages and rebase sequences.  It also provides some commands
 and features which are useful by themselves, even if you don't use
 Magit.

-For information about using this library in you own package, see
+For information about using this library in your own package, see
 [[*Using With-Editor as a library]].

 ** Configuring With-Editor
@@ -52,7 +52,7 @@ and we have to add another kludge to find it anyway.

 - User Option: with-editor-emacsclient-executable ::

-  The ~emacsclient~ executable used as the editor by child process of
+  The ~emacsclient~ executable used as the editor by child processes of
   this Emacs instance.  By using this executable, child processes can
   call home to their parent process.

@@ -65,10 +65,10 @@ and we have to add another kludge to find it anyway.
   it, then you should consider that a temporary kludge and inform the
   Magit maintainer as described in [[*Debugging][Debugging]].

-  If With-Editor fails to find a suitable ~emacsclient~ on you system,
+  If With-Editor fails to find a suitable ~emacsclient~ on your system,
   then this should be fixed for all users at once, by teaching
   ~with-editor-locate-emacsclient~ how to do so on your system and
-  system like yours. Doing it this way has the advantage, that you
+  systems like yours. Doing it this way has the advantage, that you
   won't have do it again every time you update Emacs, and that other
   users who have installed Emacs the same way as you have, won't have
   to go through the same trouble.
@@ -77,7 +77,7 @@ and we have to add another kludge to find it anyway.
   ~nil~ causes the "sleeping editor" described below to be used even for
   local child processes.  Obviously we don't recommend that you use
   this except in "emergencies", i.e., before we had a change to add a
-  kludge appropriate for you setup.
+  kludge appropriate for your setup.

 - Function: with-editor-locate-emacsclient ::

@@ -99,7 +99,7 @@ it receives a signal.
   The sleeping editor is a shell script used as the editor of child
   processes when the ~emacsclient~ executable cannot be used.

-  This fallback is used for asynchronous process started inside the
+  This fallback is used for asynchronous processes started inside the
   macro ~with-editor~, when the process runs on a remote machine or for
   local processes when ~with-editor-emacsclient-executable~ is ~nil~.

@@ -107,7 +107,7 @@ it receives a signal.
   this substitute prints edit requests to its standard output on
   which a process filter listens for such requests.  As such it is
   not a complete substitute for a proper ~emacsclient~, it can only
-  be used as ~$EDITOR~ of child process of the current Emacs instance.
+  be used as ~$EDITOR~ of child processes of the current Emacs instance.

   Some shells do not execute traps immediately when waiting for a
   child process, but by default we do use such a blocking child
@@ -158,7 +158,7 @@ prompt for an alternative environment variable such as ~$GIT_EDITOR~.
   with ~&~ and is therefore run asynchronously, then the current Emacs
   instance is exported as ~$EDITOR~.

-To always use these variants add this to you init file:
+To always use these variants add this to your init file:

 #+begin_src emacs-lisp
   (keymap-global-set "<remap> <async-shell-command>"
@@ -241,7 +241,7 @@ package]].
   If BODY begins with a literal string, then that variable is set
   instead of ~EDITOR~.

-- Macro: with-editor envvar &rest body ::
+- Macro: with-editor* envvar &rest body ::

   This macro is like ~with-editor~ instead that the ENVVAR argument is
   required and that it is evaluated at run-time.
@@ -253,7 +253,7 @@ package]].
   done by wrapping the two filter functions using a lambda, which
   becomes the actual filter.  It calls FILTER first, which may or
   may not insert the text into the PROCESS's buffer.  Then it calls
-  ~with-editor-process-filter~, passing t as NO-STANDARD-FILTER.
+  ~with-editor-process-filter~, passing ~t~ as NO-STANDARD-FILTER.

 * Debugging