Subject: Re: bug#7140: Browsing with gnus doesn't show moderation status
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
To: Esa Peuha <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 16:32:40 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Esa Peuha <[email-masked]> writes:

> When browsing a foreign nntp server, gnus doesn't show the moderation
> status of groups. I think this should be changed, because knowing if
> a group is moderated is useful, and as the status flag is unavoidably
> part of a group's line in the active file, showing it should have
> only a negligible impact on performance.

Displaying it would have little performance impact, but I don't really
think that this is information that's all that interesting to have in
that context.  It would just clutter the display up, especially on
private news servers where many (or most) groups are moderated, which is
somewhat popular.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  [email-masked] * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen