Subject: 30.0.50; winner-dont-bind-my-keys not respected
From: Johann Höchtl <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 08:15:26 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I customized winner-dont-bind-my-keys 't but C-<left> or C-<right> are
still bound to winner-mode, in my case overriding indentation shift
commands of markdown-mode.

As it seems, the customization variable is not respected.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
Repository revision: 43bced6b70070b7d3bb7243cc917273c56a524c0
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19045
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (v10.0.2009.19045.4412)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/d/a/emacs-build/emacs-build/pkg/master-x86_64
 'CFLAGS=-O2 -fno-semantic-interposition -floop-parallelize-all
 -ftree-parallelize-loops=4' --with-native-compilation --with-zlib
 --with-xpm --with-xml2 --with-tree-sitter --without-tiff --with-rsvg
 --with-png --with-lcms2 --with-json --with-jpeg --with-harfbuzz
 --with-gnutls --with-gif --without-cairo --disable-build-details
 --without-dbus --with-compress-install --with-small-ja-dic'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: C.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: ELisp/d

Minor modes in effect:
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  corfu-terminal-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr compile comint ansi-osc ansi-color comp-run
comp-common emacsbug message puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
display-line-numbers display-fill-column-indicator yasnippet hideshow
vc-git diff-mode track-changes vc-dispatcher corfu-terminal popon corfu
adaptive-wrap word-wrap-mode flyspell ispell yank-media markdown-mode
edit-indirect thingatpt dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs term/w32console
tango-dark-theme winner windmove savehist saveplace recentf tree-widget
pixel-scroll cua-base ring marginalia autorevert filenotify icomplete
desktop frameset delsel edmacro kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key
indent-bars easy-mmode rx compat cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit
face-remap noutline outline color cl-extra help-mode use-package-core
finder-inf adaptive-wrap-autoloads breadcrumb-autoloads cape-autoloads
corfu-terminal-autoloads corfu-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads
d2-mode-autoloads dape-autoloads dired-sidebar-autoloads
dired-subtree-autoloads dired-hacks-utils-autoloads
edit-indirect-autoloads go-mode-autoloads impatient-showdown-autoloads
impatient-mode-autoloads htmlize-autoloads magit-autoloads pcase
git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads marginalia-autoloads
markdown-toc-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads dash-autoloads
olivetti-autoloads popon-autoloads s-autoloads simple-httpd-autoloads
transient-autoloads visual-fill-column-autoloads vundo-autoloads info
with-editor-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json
subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib
rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
move-toolbar make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 402425 24342) (symbols 48 22221 0)
 (strings 32 118075 4189) (string-bytes 1 3256868) (vectors 16 47125)
 (vector-slots 8 519747 11944) (floats 8 226 6653)
 (intervals 56 1244 0) (buffers 992 16))