Subject: 30.0.50; output of describe-function
From: Andreas Röhler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 May 2024 15:53:07 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

often use ‘C-h f’, i.e. ‘describe-function’, in order to jump onto the 
source code.

Which is done afterwards by a command calling ‘(switch-to-buffer 
(other-buffer))’ followed by TAB, RET.

With recent Emacs, calling for example ‘C-h f list RET’, appears

"list is a ‘primitive-function’ in ‘C source code’".

Now the first active button is ‘primitive-function’, which is rather 
basic and seldom of interest. So I have to tab twice - and by habit 
often get the first, wrong one...

May it be possible to switch the button, like:

"list is defined in ‘C source code’, a ‘primitive-function’".

---

Thanks,
Andreas

GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.33, 
cairo version 1.16.0) of 2024-05-21