Subject: [PATCH] Add font-locking for for_statement variable in python-ts-mode
From: Noah Peart <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 07:10:35 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tags: patch

Adds font-locking for identifier in for_statement in python-ts-mode.

This covers the simple case:

    for i in range(0)
    #   ^ font-lock-variable-name-face

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2024-04-30 built on noah-X580VD
Repository revision: c00105626ace43919706819da4057a358e62bafe
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-modules --with-tree-sitter
--with-threads --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xwidgets --with-gnutls
--with-json --with-mailutils --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg
--with-tiff --with-xml2 --with-xpm --with-imagemagick CC=gcc-12
CXX=gcc-12'
From 2168b2c788057d1da6f5c330a465cdfc1f9e66f1 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Noah Peart <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 06:58:34 -0700
Subject: [PATCH] Add font-locking for for_statement variable in python-ts-mode

* lisp/progmodes/python.el (python--treesit-settings): Add
font-lock query for for_statement variable in assignment feature.
---
 lisp/progmodes/python.el | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/python.el b/lisp/progmodes/python.el
index 5ba185bc60c..13e243be208 100644
--- a/lisp/progmodes/python.el
+++ b/lisp/progmodes/python.el
@@ -1251,6 +1251,7 @@ python--treesit-settings
                            @font-lock-variable-name-face)
      (named_expression name: (identifier)
                        @font-lock-variable-name-face)
+     (for_statement left: (identifier) @font-lock-variable-name-face)
      (pattern_list [(identifier)
                     (list_splat_pattern (identifier))]
                    @font-lock-variable-name-face)
-- 
2.34.1