Subject: 30.0.50; mhtml-mode ignores delay-mode-hooks
From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 13:25:30 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

mhtml-mode unconditionally runs prog-mode-hooks:

;; This is sort of a prog-mode as well as a text mode.
  (run-hooks 'prog-mode-hook)

As a result, running

(delay-mode-hooks (mhtml-mode)) does not prevent prog-mode-hook from
being delayed.

May mhtml-mode be changed to use (run-mode-hooks 'prog-mode-hook)
instead, so that `delay-mode-hooks' is honoured?

Original report:
https://orgmode.org/list/87tu21hsuk.fsf@localhost

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.41, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-04-30 built on localhost
Repository revision: eaaa7b4a1aeaf978d5c12be81c175abcbe62bc02
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101013
System Description: Gentoo Linux

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>