Subject: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Fix `find-grep-dired' with default OpenBSD's grep
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 16:14:59 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

The '-q' switch is supported by OpenBSD's grep and '-s' does not do the
right thing.

From f18d9fdfa96cb699113714fd24c0860eef973556 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 16:10:43 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Fix `find-grep-dired' with default OpenBSD's grep

* lisp/find-dired.el (find-grep-options): Select '-q' on OpenBSD too.
---
 lisp/find-dired.el | 3 ++-
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/find-dired.el b/lisp/find-dired.el
index 41581cc7900..fa0c034c816 100644
--- a/lisp/find-dired.el
+++ b/lisp/find-dired.el
@@ -120,7 +120,8 @@ find-ls-subdir-switches
   :group 'find-dired)
 
 (defcustom find-grep-options
-  (if (or (eq system-type 'berkeley-unix)
+  (if (or (and (eq system-type 'berkeley-unix)
+               (not (string-match "openbsd" system-configuration)))
 	  (string-match "solaris2" system-configuration))
       "-s" "-q")
   "Option to grep to be as silent as possible.
-- 
2.44.0

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.5) of 2024-04-23
 built on computer
Repository revision: cd56e85c08307915941d5ae03a02569a52a2889c
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101012
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.5 GENERIC.MP#31 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure CC=egcc CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib MAKEINFO=gmakeinfo --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs
 --bindir=/home/manuel/bin --with-x-toolkit=no --without-cairo
 --without-gconf --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBOTF
LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS
TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XFT XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  windmove-mode: t
  gnus-dired-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.6.1/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug ffap cl-print shortdoc comp-common
org-duration org-indent oc-basic ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info
ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view filenotify image-mode exif
ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org-agenda
org-element org-persist org-id avl-tree completion dos-w32 find-cmd
hmouse-tag hsys-xref hpath hsettings hui-em-but hbut hmouse-drv
hui-window hycontrol windmove hui-select hbdata hgnus hsmail hypb
gnus-icalendar org-capture org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core
ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc
org-loaddefs org-compat org-macs locate hmail htz cal-julian hbmap
hmoccur hvar hversion hload-path help-fns radix-tree log-edit pcmpl-unix
smerge-mode diff make-mode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs
view tabify imenu man add-log log-view pcvs-util whitespace
bug-reference sort find-dired vc-annotate descr-text dabbrev face-remap
misearch multi-isearch pulse thai-util thai-word sh-script smie treesit
executable cus-edit cus-start finder-inf mm-archive shr-color textsec
uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check
network-stream url-cache ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs vc-hg vc-dir
ewoc vc vc-git diff-mode track-changes vc-dispatcher paredit eww
url-queue mm-url mule-util jka-compr on-screen gnus-dired time battery
cus-load desktop frameset exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config ido exwm
exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor
xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb
xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug server modus-operandi-theme modus-themes
zone speed-type url-http url-auth url-gw nsm compat ytdious mpdired
transmission color calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs
supercite regi ebdb-message ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku
url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win ebdb-mua
ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt speedbar ezimage
dframe find-func eieio-base timezone icalendar gnus nnheader gnus-util
mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit web-mode derived disp-table
erlang-start skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp
tramp rx trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-message tramp-compat
xdg shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date format-spec
tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent
slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch slime-presentations
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
apropos compile text-property-search etags fileloop generator xref
project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline pp comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs pcase dired-x dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
use-package-core repeat easy-mmode debbugs-autoloads ebdb-autoloads
cl-extra help-mode ef-themes-autoloads exwm-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads kotl-autoloads hact set hhist magit-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads
on-screen-autoloads osm-autoloads paredit-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads
speed-type-autoloads transmission-autoloads info with-editor-autoloads
ytdious-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1436639 811533) (symbols 48 74944 2)
 (strings 32 424597 62816) (string-bytes 1 10471248)
 (vectors 16 183291) (vector-slots 8 2557116 41081)
 (floats 8 734 13699) (intervals 56 50833 10796) (buffers 992 84))

-- 
Manuel Giraud