Subject: crash running guix pull
From: Brandon Belew <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 13:33:57 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm on an Ubuntu 18.04 host running Guix. I just tried to do a Guix pull
after reading the advisory about the bug in the Guix Daemon and got the
following error, which suggested I send it to this email address:

Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at '
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 447e9c9 (408 new
commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git 447e9c9
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%guix substitute: warning: ci.guix.gnu.org: host not found: Name or
service not known
substitute:
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%guix substitute: warning: bordeaux.guix.gnu.org: host not found: Name
or service not known
substitute:
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
building /gnu/store/1sl66cacl8qmkp7gndypld7ja68dgy0y-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/vzpjd3xfif4lckl70v643l655k5das5x-module-import.drv...
building
/gnu/store/dlgvqr1khyja2qhhn8d5dqj7mra2kdhd-module-import-compiled.drv...
building
/gnu/store/2chwbd183fpr1ql45m8yj4xxrnngla3h-module-import-compiled.drv...
building
/gnu/store/2jv3csvl3hj0xpk6al72bam5xak4m7z4-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
Backtrace:
          17 (primitive-load
"/gnu/store/0rddhmsdif3z3b8bnqpkqs6hixb535js-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    155:9 16 (_ _)
    159:9 15 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> ?)
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    152:2 14 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    152:2 13 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2180:24 12 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0>
#<procedure 7f7ee93d8cd0 at ./guix/self.scm:13?> ?)
   2008:8 11 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0>)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
   299:22 10 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0>)
   1201:2  9 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0>)
   1068:2  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0>)
    909:4  7 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2065:12  6 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0>)
   1403:5  5 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0>
#<procedure 7f7ee2b84ca0 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
  1419:15  4 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0>
("/gnu/store/v6nn4njbhbrpa75ynaxypwimbh9g83q6-guix-daemon-?") ?)
  1419:15  3 (loop #f)
   713:11  2 (process-stderr #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0> _)
In ./guix/serialization.scm:
   101:11  1 (read-int #<input-output: file 10>)
     79:6  0 (get-bytevector-n* #<input-output: file 10> 8)

./guix/serialization.scm:79:6: In procedure get-bytevector-n*:
ERROR:
  1. &nar-error:
      file: #f
      port: #<input-output: file 10>
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/0rddhmsdif3z3b8bnqpkqs6hixb535js-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"447e9c96259e8fa15a828de9b2dd3400e2ffafe6"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "bc6840316c665e5959469e5c857819142cc4a47b"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.