Subject: 24.0.50; Arithmetic error after set-frame-height
From: Harald Hanche-Olsen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:58:19 +0200 (CEST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Starting from emacs -Q:
Split the frame with C-x 2
Evaluate in the *scratch* buffer:
(frame-height)
This returns 35 in my case. (Considered normal.)

Evaluate
(set-frame-height nil 10)
After this, the words "Arithmetic error" appear in the echo area.
In the frame I only see the bottom portion of one window showing the
*scratch* buffer. The scrollbar, too, is only partially visible, with
the top end apparently hidden under the toolbar.
After I increase the window height using the mouse, the frame returns
to normal at some point.

In the *Messages* buffer I find the following text:
eval: Arithmetic error

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1038.32)
 of 2010-08-19 on mach
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1038
configured using `configure  '--with-ns''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: nil
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Features:
(shadow emacsbug mule-util cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs dired-aux colour-schemes debug
dired jka-compr info time cus-edit cus-start cus-load gnus-fun rect
canlock sha1 hex-util log-edit pcvs-util add-log diff-mode vc
vc-dispatcher sgml-mode vc-git vc-cvs foldout noutline outline
find-func inf-lisp eldoc slime-asdf warnings slime-fancy
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references slime-scratch
slime-presentations slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl slime
derived apropos hideshow hyperspec flow-fill sort gnus-cite smiley
ansi-color mail-extr gnus-bcklg qp gnus-async byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile gnus-ml disp-table parse-time timezone nndraft nnmh
auth-source netrc gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 pgg pgg-parse pgg-def epg-config
mm-view smime password-cache dig mailcap nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo
gnus-group time-date gnus-undo nnmail mail-source format-spec
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit latexenc
dabbrev etags skeleton tex-mode compile shell comint regexp-opt ring
multi-isearch newcomment browse-url pp mew-varsx mew-auth mew-config
mew-imap2 mew-imap mew-nntp2 mew-nntp mew-pop mew-smtp mew-ssl mew-ssh
mew-net mew-highlight mew-sort mew-fib mew-ext mew-refile mew-demo
mew-attach mew-draft mew-message mew-thread mew-virtual mew-summary4
mew-summary3 mew-summary2 mew-summary mew-search mew-pick mew-passwd
mew-scan mew-syntax mew-bq mew-smime mew-pgp mew-header mew-exec
mew-mark mew-mime mew-edit mew-decode mew-encode mew-cache mew-minibuf
mew-complete mew-addrbook mew-local mew-darwin mew-vars3 mew-vars2
mew-vars mew-env mew-mule3 mew-mule mew-gemacs mew-key mew-func
mew-blvs mew-const mew paredit help-mode view package named-strings
indentation gnus-custom slime-autoloads parenface paren delsel server
odds-and-ends thingatpt easy-mmode anything advice advice-preload
help-fns edmacro kmacro cl cl-19 tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win easymenu tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind ns multi-tty emacs)