Subject: 29.2.50; dialog confirmation box not working
From: Jeff Filipovits <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 10:19:24 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Previously (Emacs 28),

(let ((last-nonmenu-event nil))
    (yes-or-no-p "whatever"))

Would pop up a system dialog box. This does not work 
anymore. Forgive me if I missed something in the release notes. I 
also tried:

(let ((last-nonmenu-event nil)
      (use-dialog-box t))
    (yes-or-no-p "whatever"))

To no avail.     

In GNU Emacs 29.2.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.39, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-02-26 built on wtop
Repository revision: b7cef701cb587ecb66f192e4d41aa202645560e0
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.12101010
System Description: Manjaro Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-imagemagick 
 --with-json
 --with-xwidgets'
Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
 IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT
 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND
 SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 
 XDBE
 XIM XINPUT2 XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB
Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: mu4e:headers

Minor modes in effect:
  org-media-note-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  jrf-keys-minor-mode: t
  treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
  treemacs-follow-mode: t
  treemacs-git-mode: t
  treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  org-super-agenda-mode: t
  org-msg-mode: t
  mu4e-search-minor-mode: t
  mu4e-context-minor-mode: t
  mu4e-modeline-mode: t
  mu4e-update-minor-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  emms-mode-line-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-display-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  key-chord-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/git-packages/rofi-actions.el/rofi-actions hides 
~/.emacs.d/git-packages/rofi-actions
~/.emacs.d/git-packages/goto-last-change.el/goto-last-change hides 
~/.emacs.d/git-packages/goto-last-change
~/.emacs.d/git-packages/svg-lib/svg-lib hides 
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/svg-lib-0.3/svg-lib
~/.emacs.d/git-packages/svg-lib/svg-lib-demo hides 
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/svg-lib-0.3/svg-lib-demo
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/jsonrpc-1.0.24/jsonrpc hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/jsonrpc
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20240131.1612/transient hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/transient
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-core 
hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-core
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-lint 
hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-lint
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-diminish 
hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-diminish
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-bind-key 
hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-bind-key
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-jump 
hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-jump
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-delight 
hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-delight
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package 
hides /usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/use-package/use-package
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/bind-key-20230203.2004/bind-key hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/use-package/bind-key
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-ensure 
hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-ensure
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/eglot-1.17/eglot hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/progmodes/eglot
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/project-0.10.0/project hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/progmodes/project
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/eldoc-1.15.0/eldoc hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/eldoc

Features:
(shadow emacsbug org-archive gnus-gravatar gravatar dns gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache apropos
cal-iso dired-preview descr-text tabify elfeed-link ps-print
ps-print-loaddefs lpr cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew url-cache network-stream mailalias mhtml-mode
css-mode-expansions css-mode js-mode-expansions js c-ts-common
cc-mode-expansions cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine html-mode-expansions sgml-mode view 
qp
smiley shr-color mm-archive mail-extr textsec uni-scripts 
idna-mapping
ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check iy-go-to-char org-goto
pdf-sync pdf-outline pdf-links pdf-history dired-subtree
dired-hacks-utils dired-aux vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn 
vc-cvs
vc-rcs log-view bug-reference shortdoc cal-move cus-start misearch
multi-isearch cl-print bufler-workspace burly frameset 
company-date
org-media-note image-file image-converter elgantt-interaction 
elgantt
outshine outshine-org-cmds outorg company-box company-box-doc
frame-local company-box-icons company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags etags fileloop company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-clang company-capf 
company-cmake
company-semantic company-template company-bbdb reorg-jeff 
reorg-launch
reorg-org reorg-email reorg-json reorg-leo reorg-files reorg-elisp
reorg-actions reorg-bullets reorg racket-mode racket-bug-report
racket-lisp-mode racket-collection racket-repl-buffer-name
racket-stepper racket-shell term ehelp racket-logger 
racket-profile
racket-smart-open racket-xp racket-xp-complete racket-imenu
racket-edit hideshow racket-repl semantic/symref/grep 
semantic/symref
racket-show racket-eldoc racket-company-doc racket-describe
racket-scribble racket-visit racket-complete racket-common
racket-parens racket-indent racket-font-lock racket-ppss
racket-keywords-and-builtins racket-doc racket-browse-url 
racket-cmd
racket-back-end tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
tramp-compat racket-util racket-custom sh-script smie treesit
executable disp-table rofi-actions.el temp-mode helpful cc-langs
cc-vars cc-defs trace edebug debug backtrace info-look help-fns
radix-tree elisp-refs embark-org embark-consult embark ffap 
orderless
marginalia vertico-directory vertico elfeed-org elfeed-show
elfeed-search elfeed-csv elfeed elfeed-curl elfeed-log elfeed-db
elfeed-lib xml-query excorporate url-http-oauth 
excorporate-time-zones
excorporate-calendar fsm soap-client rng-xsd xsd-regexp 
url-http-ntlm
ntlm hmac-md5 hex-util md4 org-timeblock compat-macs org-legal
org-legal-exhibits org-legal-utils org-legal-transcripts
org-legal-windows org-legal-buttons org-pdftools pdf-annot 
facemenu
org-noter org-noter-djvu org-noter-nov org-noter-pdf 
org-noter-core
treemacs treemacs-header-line treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode
treemacs-bookmarks treemacs-tags xref treemacs-interface
treemacs-persistence treemacs-filewatch-mode treemacs-follow-mode
treemacs-rendering treemacs-annotations treemacs-async
treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator pulse treemacs-faces treemacs-icons
treemacs-scope treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture inline
treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros pdf-occur
tablist tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch
let-alist pdf-misc pdf-tools cus-edit cus-load pdf-view pdf-cache
pdf-info pdf-util pdf-macs org-legal-regexps org-legal-westlaw
org-legal-case-citations org-sidebar org-ql-search org-ql-view
org-mru-clock org-dynamic-bullets org-visual-indent org-indent
cfw-org-ql calfw holidays holiday-loaddefs cl
org-agenda-show-deadlines org-super-agenda org-clock-export
org-timed-alerts org-download org-attach url-http url-gw nsm async
org-deadsync org-ql peg org-habit org-duration org-msg ox-odt 
rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse
nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar org-agenda
ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox gnus-msg gnus-cite htmlize
mu4e-alert time ht gnus-icalendar org-capture icalendar diary-lib
diary-loaddefs mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-notification mu4e-main 
mu4e-obsolete
mu4e-save-to-eml gnus-dired mu4e-view mu4e-headers mu4e-compose
mu4e-draft mu4e-actions mu4e-search mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks
mu4e-mark mu4e-folders mu4e-context mu4e-query-items mu4e-modeline
mu4e-message flow-fill mu4e-contacts mu4e-vars mu4e-update 
mu4e-server
mu4e-helpers mu4e-config mu4e-window ido mule-util smtpmail affe
consult magit-bookmark bookmark pp goto-last-change 
magit-submodule
magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push
magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu
magit-diff smerge-mode diff git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log
magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient 
magit-process
with-editor shell magit-mode transient magit-git magit-base crm
real-auto-save posframe font-lock-studio avy general mpv org-timer
org-clock multiple-cursors mc-separate-operations
rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-edit-lines
mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-mark-more mc-cycle-cursors
multiple-cursors-core rect flycheck-ledger flycheck ledger-mode
ledger-check ledger-texi ledger-test ledger-sort ledger-report
ledger-reconcile ledger-occur ledger-fonts ledger-fontify 
ledger-state
ledger-complete ledger-schedule ledger-init ledger-xact 
ledger-post
ledger-exec ledger-navigate eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt 
esh-proc
esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util files-x 
ledger-context
ledger-commodities ledger-regex beancount ob-plantuml 
plantuml-mode
bufler projectile lisp-mnt ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
pretty-hydra hydra advice lv bufler-group-tree magit-section
cursor-sensor compat compat-29 vc project pdfgrep grep compile 
delsel
savehist server hl-line company git-auto-commit-mode expand-region
text-mode-expansions the-org-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom emms-mpris 
emms-librefm-stream
emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit emms-i18n emms-history
emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks
emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-volume
emms-volume-sndioctl emms-volume-mixerctl emms-volume-pulse
emms-volume-amixer emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played
emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-lyrics emms-url 
emms-streams
emms-show-all emms-tag-editor emms-tag-tracktag emms-mark
emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-native emms-info-native-spc
emms-info-native-mp3 emms-info-native-ogg emms-info-native-opus
emms-info-native-flac emms-info-native-vorbis bindat
emms-info-exiftool emms-info-tinytag emms-info-metaflac
emms-info-opusinfo emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info
emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mpv 
emms-player-mplayer
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate emms-playing-time
emms-player-simple emms-info emms-later-do emms-setup emms 
emms-compat
alert log4e notifications gntp visual-regexp flyspell ispell 
edmacro
kmacro use-package-chords bind-chord use-package 
use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key key-chord comp
comp-cstr warnings typopunct f button-lock ov ts dash s color
use-package-ensure olivetti face-remap use-package-core finder-inf
autorevert vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc-dispatcher org-element
org-persist org-id org-refile avl-tree generator oc-basic cl-extra
help-mode ol-eww eww xdg url-queue thingatpt mm-url ol-rmail 
ol-mhe
ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku 
url-file
svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml 
gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util text-property-search
mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit ol-docview doc-view
filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif dired dired-loaddefs 
ol-bibtex
bibtex iso8601 ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org ob ob-ref 
ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline 
icons
ob-emacs-lisp org-table org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs ob-tangle ol rx org-src org-keys oc ob-comint comint
ansi-osc ansi-color ring ob-core org-cycle org-fold org-fold-core
org-compat ob-eval org-version org-macs format-spec pcase url-auth
info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv 
bytecomp
byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip 
cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar 
dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse 
jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer 
nadvice
seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian 
utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese
eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european 
ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face 
macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty 
make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 3771957 1128146)
 (symbols 48 85574 34)
 (strings 32 451464 64469)
 (string-bytes 1 50440240)
 (vectors 16 214469)
 (vector-slots 8 4556341 928130)
 (floats 8 77111 2227)
 (intervals 56 171397 26786)
 (buffers 984 225))
–
Jeff Filipovits
Spears & Filipovits, LLC
315 W. Ponce de Leon Avenue
Suite 865
Decatur, GA 30030
404.905.2225
[email-masked]

All emails confidential to the fullest extent of the law.