Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Remove perl6 packages.
From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 09:01:09 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It's been about 5 years since these were added after FOSDEM 2019 and
while the packages may be able to be adjusted to build again there has
not been any mentions on the mailing lists about the packages in
probably 4 years, in the bug tracker for about 2 years, and the
language has even been renamed from perl6 to raku.

There is also bug#55179 which updates rakudo to the (then latest)
2022.04 version and also updated the now raku packages. After this patch
set I plan on applying the patches to update rakudo to 2022.04 (probably
with some minor alterations) and then maybe to a later version.  If
there is later interest in reviving the rakudo-build-system it's still
in the git history.

Efraim Flashner (3):
  gnu: Remove perl6 packages.
  guix: Remove rakudo-build-system.
  gnu: perl6.scm: Rename to rakudo.scm.

 Makefile.am                               |   2 -
 doc/guix.texi                             |  18 -
 etc/snippets/yas/scheme-mode/guix-package |   1 -
 gnu/local.mk                              |   2 +-
 gnu/packages/perl6.scm                    | 779 ----------------------
 gnu/packages/rakudo.scm                   | 223 +++++++
 guix/build-system/rakudo.scm              | 142 ----
 guix/build/rakudo-build-system.scm        | 153 -----
 8 files changed, 224 insertions(+), 1096 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/perl6.scm
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/rakudo.scm
 delete mode 100644 guix/build-system/rakudo.scm
 delete mode 100644 guix/build/rakudo-build-system.scm

base-commit: 4c6861b63001e6250cc52acb3003629d67cd1573
-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   רנשלפ םירפא
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted