Subject: Re: bug#69085: 29.2; Tramp: Extend tramp-make-copy-program-file-name via tramp-methods
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Sean Devlin <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 13:04:00 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 30.1

Sean Devlin <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Sean,

>> I see your point. Appended is a new patch, which addresses your
>> inconvenience. Could you pls apply it on top of Tramp 2.7 instead of the
>> other patch? The method "dockercp" allows now user names, which are
>> ignored when calling "docker cp ...".
>
> This works perfectly! I see no issues with this patch.

Thanks for the feedback.

Over the weekend, I ran Tramp regression tests. There were still some
minor annoyances with the new methods, but that's fixed now.

I've pushed an extended version of the patch to the repositories. Will
be available with Tramp 2.7.1 and Emacs 30.1.

Closing the bug.

> Thanks for spending so much time on this, I really appreciate your help!
>
> Sean

Best regards, Michael.