Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Update GDAL and build Java bindings.
From: Roman Scherer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Roman Scherer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 12:29:38 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix,

this patch series updates GDAL to v3.8.3 and builds the Java bindings.

While updating GDL I run into issues with the validate-runpath phase. I could
not get it passing by tweaking the cmake build flags. For some reason the
Pyhton bindings did not pick up the right runtime path and the
validate-runpath phase failed. After looking around a bit I saw this can be
manually fixed with patchelf. I tested the Python and Java bindings by
importing GDAL and registering all drivers.

I also had to remove the deletion of frmts/zlib since the cmake build file
adds a library under that path. Tweaking the build file to remove adding the
library caused the build to fail.

Could you please review the patche series?

Thanks, Roman.

Roman Scherer (2):
  gnu: gdal: Update to 3.8.3.
  gnu: gdal: Build Java bindings.

 gnu/packages/geo.scm | 44 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 1 file changed, 35 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

base-commit: 0eadd486484fcf9a234758842f74ba28361640db
--
2.34.1