Subject: 30.0.50; M-x man, results with emacs: /system/bin/sh: No such file or directory
From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 11:55:05 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

'(connection-local-profile-alist
   '((tramp-flatpak-connection-local-default-profile
      (tramp-remote-path "/app/bin" tramp-default-remote-path "/bin"
			 "/usr/bin" "/sbin" "/usr/sbin"
			 "/usr/local/bin" "/usr/local/sbin"
			 "/local/bin" "/local/freeware/bin"
			 "/local/gnu/bin" "/usr/freeware/bin"
			 "/usr/pkg/bin" "/usr/contrib/bin" "/opt/bin"
			 "/opt/sbin" "/opt/local/bin"))
     (tramp-kubernetes-connection-local-default-profile
      (tramp-config-check . tramp-kubernetes--current-context-data)
      (tramp-extra-expand-args 97
			       (tramp-kubernetes--container
				(car tramp-current-connection))
			       104
			       (tramp-kubernetes--pod
				(car tramp-current-connection))
			       120
			       (tramp-kubernetes--context-namespace
				(car tramp-current-connection))))
     (tramp-adb-connection-local-default-ps-profile
      (tramp-process-attributes-ps-args)
      (tramp-process-attributes-ps-format (user . string)
					  (pid . number)
					  (ppid . number)
					  (vsize . number)
					  (rss . number)
					  (wchan . string)
					  (pc . string)
					  (state . string) (args)))
     (tramp-adb-connection-local-default-shell-profile
      (shell-file-name . "/system/bin/sh")

That is what I have in custom.el

However, I do not see why should that appear in M-x man

When I do

M-x man RET rsync RET

I get error:

emacs: /system/bin/sh: No such file or directory

process exited abnormally with code 127

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    'bt full' and 'xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/etc/DEBUG.
Repository revision: 8e0882d17a38cb9d309df705e76a8e88529f30a9
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux trixie/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-mailutils'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM
XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 39098 8782) (symbols 48 5253 0) (strings 32 14226 1336)
 (string-bytes 1 397752) (vectors 16 10416)
 (vector-slots 8 159411 15841) (floats 8 40 16) (intervals 56 293 0)
 (buffers 984 12))

-- 
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/