Subject: 30.0.50; etc-fstab-generic-mode is missing cgroup2
From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 14:31:32 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

My /etc/fstab file contains a line for the file system cgroup2 (i.e. for
cgroup v2 instead of cgroup for cgroup v1).  I just learned about
etc-fstab-generic-mode and after loading generic-x and visiting
/etc/fstab, I saw that in the line for cgroup2, the entry in the type
column is fontified in the default face, not in font-lock-keyword-face,
unlike all other file system types in my /etc/fstab file.  This patch
fixes the misfontification:

diff --git a/lisp/generic-x.el b/lisp/generic-x.el
index b4ae0225943..373bfad92dd 100644
--- a/lisp/generic-x.el
+++ b/lisp/generic-x.el
@@ -1491,6 +1491,7 @@ etc-fstab-generic-mode
     "cd9660"
     "cfs"
     "cgroup"
+    "cgroup2"
     "cifs"
     "coda"
     "coherent"

While the misfontification isn't a regression -- the support for cgroups
(but only for cgroup v1) in etc-fstab-generic-mode was added in January
2021 (commit 80d964ec8b) -- the fix could go into emacs-29, since cgroup
v2 became official in the Linux kernel in March 2016 (kernel 4.5); i.e.,
omitting cgroup2 was presumably an oversight in that commit.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-01-09 built on strobelfs2
Repository revision: fccaeabc959f5403ce49744030bd2620352b59f8
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101009
System Description: Linux From Scratch r12.0-112