Subject: libtorrent-rasterbar: Tests stuck forever
From: Ekaitz Zarraga <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, Hilton Chain <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 13:34:06 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I think b1cca212640 introduced some error in the tests of 
libtorrent-rasterbar producing the package to hang forever. I tried this 
several times with same result.

This is the output of my `guix build libtorrent-rasterbar` after 12 hours:

```
The following derivation will be built:
 
/gnu/store/qifcwjy1nk4q036hrc85fcij3rrjkbws-libtorrent-rasterbar-1.2.18.drv
building 
/gnu/store/qifcwjy1nk4q036hrc85fcij3rrjkbws-libtorrent-rasterbar-1.2.18.drv...

[...]

phase `build' succeeded after 426.5 seconds
starting phase `check'
Test project /tmp/guix-build-libtorrent-rasterbar-1.2.18.drv-0/build
       Start  1: test_alert_manager
       Start  2: test_alert_types
       Start  3: test_alloca
       Start  4: test_auto_unchoke
       Start  5: test_bandwidth_limiter
       Start  6: test_bdecode
       Start  7: test_bencoding
       Start  8: test_bitfield
  1/96 Test  #1: test_alert_manager ...............   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start  9: test_block_cache
  2/96 Test  #2: test_alert_types .................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 10: test_bloom_filter
  3/96 Test  #3: test_alloca ......................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 11: test_buffer
  4/96 Test  #5: test_bandwidth_limiter ...........   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 12: test_checking
  5/96 Test  #9: test_block_cache .................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 13: test_crc32
  6/96 Test #10: test_bloom_filter ................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 14: test_create_torrent
  7/96 Test  #7: test_bencoding ...................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 15: test_dht
  8/96 Test #11: test_buffer ......................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 16: test_dht_storage
  9/96 Test #13: test_crc32 .......................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 17: test_direct_dht
10/96 Test #14: test_create_torrent ..............   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 18: test_dos_blocker
11/96 Test  #8: test_bitfield ....................   Passed    0.02 sec
       Start 19: test_ed25519
12/96 Test #18: test_dos_blocker .................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 20: test_enum_net
13/96 Test #20: test_enum_net ....................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 21: test_fast_extension
14/96 Test #19: test_ed25519 .....................   Passed    0.02 sec
       Start 22: test_fence
15/96 Test #22: test_fence .......................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 23: test_ffs
16/96 Test #23: test_ffs .........................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 24: test_file
17/96 Test  #6: test_bdecode .....................   Passed    0.09 sec
       Start 25: test_file_progress
18/96 Test #25: test_file_progress ...............   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 26: test_file_storage
19/96 Test #26: test_file_storage ................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 27: test_flags
20/96 Test #16: test_dht_storage .................   Passed    1.03 sec
       Start 28: test_generate_peer_id
21/96 Test #28: test_generate_peer_id ............   Passed    0.00 sec
       Start 29: test_gzip
22/96 Test #29: test_gzip ........................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 30: test_hasher
23/96 Test #30: test_hasher ......................   Passed    1.22 sec
       Start 31: test_hasher512
24/96 Test #24: test_file ........................   Passed    3.01 sec
       Start 32: test_heterogeneous_queue
25/96 Test #32: test_heterogeneous_queue .........   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 33: test_http_connection
26/96 Test #31: test_hasher512 ...................   Passed    1.91 sec
       Start 34: test_http_parser
27/96 Test #34: test_http_parser .................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 35: test_identify_client
28/96 Test #35: test_identify_client .............   Passed    0.00 sec
       Start 36: test_io
29/96 Test #36: test_io ..........................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 37: test_ip_filter
30/96 Test #37: test_ip_filter ...................   Passed    0.51 sec
       Start 38: test_ip_voter
31/96 Test #38: test_ip_voter ....................   Passed    0.02 sec
       Start 39: test_linked_list
32/96 Test #39: test_linked_list .................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 40: test_listen_socket
33/96 Test #40: test_listen_socket ...............   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 41: test_lsd
34/96 Test  #4: test_auto_unchoke ................   Passed    5.51 sec
       Start 42: test_magnet
35/96 Test #41: test_lsd .........................   Passed    1.51 sec
       Start 43: test_merkle
36/96 Test #43: test_merkle ......................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 44: test_packet_buffer
37/96 Test #44: test_packet_buffer ...............   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 45: test_part_file
38/96 Test #45: test_part_file ...................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 46: test_pe_crypto
39/96 Test #46: test_pe_crypto ...................   Passed    1.25 sec
       Start 47: test_peer_classes
40/96 Test #42: test_magnet ......................   Passed    2.02 sec
       Start 48: test_peer_list
41/96 Test #48: test_peer_list ...................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 49: test_peer_priority
42/96 Test #49: test_peer_priority ...............   Passed    0.00 sec
       Start 50: test_piece_picker
43/96 Test #50: test_piece_picker ................   Passed    0.02 sec
       Start 51: test_primitives
44/96 Test #51: test_primitives ..................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 52: test_priority
45/96 Test #15: test_dht .........................   Passed    7.86 sec
       Start 53: test_privacy
46/96 Test #47: test_peer_classes ................   Passed    1.01 sec
       Start 54: test_read_piece
47/96 Test #54: test_read_piece ..................   Passed    2.56 sec
       Start 55: test_read_resume
48/96 Test #55: test_read_resume .................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 56: test_receive_buffer
49/96 Test #56: test_receive_buffer ..............   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 57: test_recheck
50/96 Test #57: test_recheck .....................   Passed    0.51 sec
       Start 58: test_remap_files
51/96 Test #58: test_remap_files .................   Passed    1.51 sec
       Start 59: test_remove_torrent
52/96 Test #12: test_checking ....................   Passed   15.04 sec
       Start 60: test_resolve_links
53/96 Test #17: test_direct_dht ..................   Passed   15.51 sec
       Start 61: test_resume
54/96 Test #27: test_flags .......................***Failed   16.07 sec
test: 
/tmp/guix-build-libtorrent-rasterbar-1.2.18.drv-0/build/test/test_flags
cwd_prefix = 
"/tmp/guix-build-libtorrent-rasterbar-1.2.18.drv-0/build/test/test_tmp_3098_"
[1m[/tmp/guix-build-libtorrent-rasterbar-1.2.18.drv-0/libtorrent-rasterbar-1.2.18/test/test_flags.cpp.flag_stop_when_ready][0m

cwd: 
/tmp/guix-build-libtorrent-rasterbar-1.2.18.drv-0/build/test/test_tmp_3098_8
test-case: 
/tmp/guix-build-libtorrent-rasterbar-1.2.18.drv-0/libtorrent-rasterbar-1.2.18/test/test_flags.cpp.flag_stop_when_ready
rnd = b80473f4

[41m***** 
/tmp/guix-build-libtorrent-rasterbar-1.2.18.drv-0/libtorrent-rasterbar-1.2.18/test/test_flags.cpp:64 
"TEST_ERROR: h.flags() & flags: 0 expected: 1024" *****[0m

[41m***** 
/tmp/guix-build-libtorrent-rasterbar-1.2.18.drv-0/libtorrent-rasterbar-1.2.18/test/test_flags.cpp:96 
"TEST_ERROR: h.flags() & flags: 0 expected: 1024" *****[0m

       Start 62: test_session
55/96 Test #33: test_http_connection .............   Passed   14.71 sec
       Start 63: test_session_params
56/96 Test #63: test_session_params ..............   Passed    1.02 sec
       Start 64: test_settings_pack
57/96 Test #64: test_settings_pack ...............   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 65: test_sha1_hash
58/96 Test #65: test_sha1_hash ...................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 66: test_sliding_average
59/96 Test #66: test_sliding_average .............   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 67: test_socket_io
60/96 Test #67: test_socket_io ...................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 68: test_span
61/96 Test #68: test_span ........................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 69: test_ssl
62/96 Test #52: test_priority ....................   Passed   18.06 sec
       Start 70: test_stack_allocator
63/96 Test #70: test_stack_allocator .............   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 71: test_stat_cache
64/96 Test #71: test_stat_cache ..................   Passed    0.00 sec
       Start 72: test_storage
65/96 Test #72: test_storage .....................   Passed    8.89 sec
       Start 73: test_string
66/96 Test #73: test_string ......................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 74: test_tailqueue
67/96 Test #74: test_tailqueue ...................   Passed    0.00 sec
       Start 75: test_threads
68/96 Test #75: test_threads .....................   Passed    0.14 sec
       Start 76: test_time
69/96 Test #76: test_time ........................   Passed    0.15 sec
       Start 77: test_time_critical
70/96 Test #59: test_remove_torrent ..............   Passed   24.57 sec
       Start 78: test_timestamp_history
71/96 Test #78: test_timestamp_history ...........   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 79: test_torrent
72/96 Test #77: test_time_critical ...............   Passed   14.52 sec
       Start 80: test_torrent_info
73/96 Test #80: test_torrent_info ................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 81: test_tracker
74/96 Test #79: test_torrent .....................   Passed   15.59 sec
       Start 82: test_transfer
75/96 Test #61: test_resume ......................   Passed   60.88 sec
       Start 83: test_url_seed
76/96 Test #82: test_transfer ....................   Passed   27.60 sec
       Start 84: test_utf8
77/96 Test #84: test_utf8 ........................   Passed    0.01 sec
       Start 85: test_utp
78/96 Test #69: test_ssl .........................   Passed   64.13 sec
       Start 86: test_web_seed
79/96 Test #85: test_utp .........................   Passed    2.52 sec
       Start 87: test_web_seed_ban
80/96 Test #86: test_web_seed ....................   Passed    4.06 sec
       Start 88: test_web_seed_chunked
81/96 Test #62: test_session .....................   Passed   89.60 sec
       Start 89: test_web_seed_http
82/96 Test #88: test_web_seed_chunked ............   Passed   19.14 sec
       Start 90: test_web_seed_http_pw
83/96 Test #87: test_web_seed_ban ................   Passed   34.14 sec
       Start 91: test_web_seed_redirect
84/96 Test #91: test_web_seed_redirect ...........   Passed    2.02 sec
       Start 92: test_web_seed_socks4
85/96 Test #83: test_url_seed ....................   Passed   44.22 sec
       Start 93: test_web_seed_socks5
86/96 Test #89: test_web_seed_http ...............   Passed   32.16 sec
       Start 94: test_web_seed_socks5_no_peers
87/96 Test #90: test_web_seed_http_pw ............   Passed   32.21 sec
       Start 95: test_web_seed_socks5_pw
88/96 Test #94: test_web_seed_socks5_no_peers ....   Passed    6.05 sec
       Start 96: test_xml
89/96 Test #96: test_xml .........................   Passed    0.01 sec
90/96 Test #92: test_web_seed_socks4 .............   Passed   32.66 sec
91/96 Test #93: test_web_seed_socks5 .............   Passed   32.13 sec
92/96 Test #95: test_web_seed_socks5_pw ..........   Passed   32.15 sec
93/96 Test #81: test_tracker .....................   Passed  212.65 sec
```