Subject: 30.0.50; [native-compilation] Error during redisplay
From: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 17:36:59 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,
When starting emacs the *message* buffer shows:
Error during redisplay: (apply native--compile-async ("/home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/elec-pair.el" nil late)) signaled (void-function emacs-lisp-compilation-mode)
Error during redisplay: (apply native--compile-async ("/home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/rx.el" nil late)) signaled (void-function emacs-lisp-compilation-mode) [66 times]
Error during redisplay: (apply native--compile-async ("/home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/elec-pair.el" nil late)) signaled (void-function emacs-lisp-compilation-mode) [19 times]
Error during redisplay: (apply native--compile-async ("/home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/savehist.el" nil late)) signaled (void-function emacs-lisp-compilation-mode) [7 times]
Error during redisplay: (apply native--compile-async ("/home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/delsel.el" nil late)) signaled (void-function emacs-lisp-compilation-mode) [8 times]
Error during redisplay: (apply native--compile-async ("/home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/info.el" nil late)) signaled (void-function emacs-lisp-compilation-mode) [159 times]

I did a git bisect and the bug appeared with this commit:
commit e6a955d2426875188f4ffdbc90d4861b917fd7bd
Author: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Oct 19 18:10:25 2023 +0200

    comp: split code in comp-run.el
    
    * lisp/emacs-lisp/comp-run.el : New file.
    (comp-run)
    (native-comp-jit-compilation-deny-list)
    (native-comp-async-jobs-number)
    (native-comp-async-report-warnings-errors)
    (native-comp-always-compile)
    (native-comp-async-cu-done-functions)
    (native-comp-async-all-done-hook)
    (native-comp-async-env-modifier-form)
    (native-comp-async-query-on-exit, native-comp-verbose)
    (comp-log-buffer-name, comp-async-buffer-name, comp-no-spawn)
    (comp-async-compilations, native-comp-limple-mode)
    (comp-ensure-native-compiler, native-compile-async-skip-p)
    (comp-files-queue, comp-async-compilations, comp-async-runnings)
    (comp-num-cpus, comp-effective-async-max-jobs)
    (comp-last-scanned-async-output)
    (comp-accept-and-process-async-output, comp-valid-source-re)
    (comp-run-async-workers, native--compile-async)
    (native-compile-async): Move these definitions here.
    * lisp/Makefile.in (COMPILE_FIRST): Update.
    * src/Makefile.in (elnlisp): Likewise.
    * admin/MAINTAINERS: Likewise.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2023-12-02 built on KRONOS
Repository revision: fb4b0b30a24e8192e71c1425dc8a295cf39f64ff
Repository branch: master
System Description: Manjaro Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-pgtk --with-native-compilation
 --without-compress-install --prefix=/home/german/.local/emacs'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  electric-pair-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  spacious-padding-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.4.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/standard-themes-2.0.0/theme-loaddefs
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.5.0/transient hides /home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.4.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date subr-x
cl-loaddefs cl-lib vertico-directory comp-run comp-common rx elec-pair
savehist vertico compat spacious-padding init delsel fontaine
ef-day-theme ef-themes info autothemer-autoloads cape-autoloads
color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow-autoloads consult-autoloads
do-at-point-autoloads dumb-jump-autoloads eat-autoloads
ef-themes-autoloads elfeed-autoloads expand-region-autoloads
flexoki-emacs-theme-autoloads fontaine-autoloads
grayscale-theme-autoloads haki-autoloads kanagawa-theme-autoloads
kkp-autoloads magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads popup-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads spacious-padding-autoloads
standard-themes-autoloads transient-autoloads transpose-frame-autoloads
vertico-autoloads with-editor-autoloads compat-autoloads early-init rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win
term/common-win pgtk-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 102551 122853) (symbols 48 8189 13)
 (strings 32 20158 11493) (string-bytes 1 666175) (vectors 16 11797)
 (vector-slots 8 282409 121177) (floats 8 59 2457)
 (intervals 56 281 108) (buffers 992 12))

-- 
German Pacenza