Subject: GNU Automake 1.16.5 FAILS one test objc-megademo
From: Dennis Clarke <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 16:42:54 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Not a bad result .... just one bad test result and it looks to be
related to something weird with libtool :

/bin/bash ./libtool    --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. 
-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE  -g -O2 -MT fooo.lo -MD -MP -MF .d
eps/fooo.Tpo -c -o fooo.lo fooo.m
libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
libtool:   error: specify a tag with '--tag'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:661: fooo.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory 
'/opt/bw/build/automake-1.16.5_linux_pentium_G4500.002/t/objc-megademo.dir'
make: *** [Makefile:439: all] Error 2

I have attached the test-suite.log but really, this looks to be a fairly 
decent result.

Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC
UNIX and Linux spoken