Subject: 30.0.50; FR: Add an option to disable ispell completion in text-mode
From: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 18:31:43 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Emacs Dev team,

In the below commit, Emacs support ispell-completion-at-point in
text-mode.

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=47e313e9805c527e590df4270062a9185ee9db78

But it would be nice to add an option to disable this feature.

Because when I enable the autocomplete by corfu or company, it will
always popup the candidate when I input English charectors.
I don't want to diable the autocomplete of corfu or company, because I
need it in org code block.

Workaroud:

Recently, I have to add this code snippet to disable it.

```
(with-eval-after-load 'org
  (add-hook 'text-mode-hook
            (lambda ()
              (remove-hook 'completion-at-point-functions 'ispell-completion-at-point t))))
```

Best Regard,

Eason Huang

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin23.1.0, NS
 appkit-2487.20 Version 14.1.1 (Build 23B81), git sha1 7a5c91a2831) of 2023-11-28 built on
 macbook
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description:  macOS 14.1.1

Configured using:
 'configure --without-native-compilation --without-dbus
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-rpath
 /opt/local/lib/gcc13
 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk
 -arch x86_64''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win touch-screen
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue
cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 38070 9043) (symbols 48 5115 0) (strings 32 13097 2341)
 (string-bytes 1 375591) (vectors 16 10489)
 (vector-slots 8 163580 14202) (floats 8 21 23) (intervals 56 239 0)
 (buffers 992 10))