Subject: 29.1; Error when dragging mode line in terminal
From: Jared Finder <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 09:31:26 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When in a terminal with the tab-line showing and mouse enabled, the
following error in shown when dragging the mode line down:

<tab-line> <mouse-movement> is undefined

I believe the following diff fully fixes the issue:

--- /usr/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/mouse.el.gz
+++ #<buffer mouse.el.gz>
@@ -861,6 +861,7 @@
  	       (define-key map [mode-line] map)
  	       (define-key map [header-line] map)
  	       (define-key map [vertical-line] map)
+	       (define-key map [tab-line] map)
  	       ;; ... and some maybe even with a right- or bottom-divider
  	       ;; or left- or right-margin prefix ...
  	       (define-key map [right-divider] map)

Diff finished.  Sun Nov 26 09:22:55 2023

Steps to reproduce:

emacs -Q -nw
M-x global-tab-line-mode
M-x xterm-mouse-mode
C-x 2
Attempt to drag the mode line down

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.37,
  cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-09-11, modified by Debian built on melete
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

Configured using:
  'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
  --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/libexec
  --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
  --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
  
--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/29.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/29.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
  --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils
  --with-native-compilation --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
  --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/libexec
  --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
  --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
  
--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/29.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/29.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
  --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils
  --with-native-compilation --with-pgtk 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
  -ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs-N816CI/emacs-29.1+1=. 
-fstack-protector-strong
  -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
  -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   xterm-mouse-mode: t
   global-tab-line-mode: t
   tab-line-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils jka-compr find-func shortdoc
text-property-search mouse-copy mouse-drag thingatpt help-fns radix-tree
time-date xt-mouse cus-start cus-load tab-line cl-loaddefs comp
comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs cl-extra help-mode
cl-lib term/xterm xterm byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 108696 9979)
  (symbols 48 8647 0)
  (strings 32 24548 3073)
  (string-bytes 1 826713)
  (vectors 16 14024)
  (vector-slots 8 289995 11948)
  (floats 8 94 211)
  (intervals 56 772 80)
  (buffers 984 16))