Subject: Re: [bug#67261] [PATCH 0/3] Update u-boot to 2023.10.
From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Herman Rimm <[email-masked]>, Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 16:19:28 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 2023-11-18, Herman Rimm wrote:
> I use an OrangePi R1 Plus LTS with a u-boot v2023.10 bootloader. I have
> not performed any other tests. [PATCH 2/3], [PATCH 3/3] and boot log
> below for context.

Sorry it took so long to get around to this! ... Just in time for
2024.01 to roll around the corner in a couple weeks!

I have pushed to master as:

fad93748cd2d44f7f68d2d973a22ed0b438e657b gnu: u-boot: Update to 2023.10.
88fb95903c1d94b3be7e8a811d943af988041e4e gnu: bootloader: Add orangepi-r1-plus-lts-rk3328 bootloader.
ab1ff7ca40b0a2d935f715dcf64f0f3128632d3d images: Add orangepi-r1-plus-lts image.

I still wonder what to do long-term about which images should get built
out of the box, but for now the pattern seems to be add them if someone
wants them. Debian solved the issue of arbitrary number of images by
building the image in two parts, and concatenating the images
together. It is a bit rougher on the end-user to concatenate two images
together, but means the images can for the most part be shared across
all supported (and even unsupported) platforms, only the bootloader
areas differ:

  https://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/bookworm/main/installer-arm64/20230607/images/netboot/SD-card-images/README.concatenateable_images

live well,
  vagrant