Subject: Re: bug#67049: Flyspell + Key-chord, chords are ignored while typing / spellchecking
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Everard Nisse <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 12:15:28 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

tags 67049 + notabug
thanks

Everard Nisse <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, Nov 10, 2023 at 7:58 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks, but why do you think this is a bug in Emacs and not in
>> key-chord-mode?  Did you report this to the developers of
>> key-chord-mode?
>
> The package seems unmantained but there's a bug report at
> https://github.com/emacsorphanage/key-chord/issues/10
>
> I can't tell where the bug occurs and for what reason so the reports are
> duplicated until better judgement.

This does look more like a bug in key-chord than in Emacs itself, so I
recommend that someone interested investigates that first.  In
particular, the behavior that doesn't work is the one implemented by the
key-chord package.

I don't think there's much more we can do on our end until that work has
been done, so I'm closing this bug as "notabug" for now.  The tag
indicates our belief this is not a bug in Emacs itself (the bug seems to
be elsewhere, namely in key-chord).

Thanks.