Subject: 29.1.90; treesit-simple-indent-presets example on match
From: Maxim Kim <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 13:40:21 +1100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

While trying to play with treesit indent rules I came across
`treesit-simple-indent-presets' where I believe example given is wrong:

C-x o treesit-simple-indent-presets RET
----
(match NODE-TYPE PARENT-TYPE NODE-FIELD NODE-INDEX-MIN NODE-INDEX-MAX)

    NODE-TYPE checks for NODE’s type, PARENT-TYPE checks for
    PARENT’s type, NODE-FIELD checks for the field name of NODE
    in PARENT, NODE-INDEX-MIN and NODE-INDEX-MAX check for
    NODE’s index in PARENT.  Therefore, to match the first child
    where PARENT is "argument_list", use

        (match nil "argument_list" nil nil 0 0).
----

(match NODE-TYPE PARENT-TYPE     NODE-FIELD NODE-INDEX-MIN NODE-INDEX-MAX)
(match nil       "argument_list" nil        nil            0               0).

5 args in signature vs 6 in example.

In GNU Emacs 29.1.90 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.37, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-10-20 built on AUWW00125
Repository revision: 62920dcb0de440aac8e7d69ee33f27d5400d405e
Repository branch: emacs-29
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/habamax/.local --with-pgtk
 --with-native-compilation=aot --with-json --with-tree-sitter'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
  marginalia-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  isearch-fold-quotes-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/habamax/.config/emacs/elpa/transient-20231103.2312/transient hides /home/habamax/.local/share/emacs/29.1.90/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug mail-extr message sendmail yank-media dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader pp cl-print habamax-gdscript
gdscript-mode gdscript-eglot gdscript-hydra gdscript-godot
gdscript-project gdscript-history gdscript-comint gdscript-debug bindat
gdscript-format gdscript-comint-gdformat gdscript-completion
gdscript-fill-paragraph gdscript-imenu gdscript-indent-and-nav
gdscript-rx gdscript-utils gdscript-syntax inline gdscript-keywords
gdscript-docs habamax-eww eww xdg url-queue shr pixel-fill kinsoku
url-file svg xml dom puny mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils
range mm-util mail-prsvr gdscript-customization gdscript-ts-mode derived
shortdoc treesit mule-util thingatpt help-fns radix-tree add-log
log-view pcvs-util compile text-property-search vc vc-git diff-mode
vc-dispatcher orderless comp comp-cstr warnings icons time term/xterm
xterm rainbow-delimiters disp-table whitespace company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator xref project
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb company use-package-diminish marginalia
vertico compat finder-inf diminish winner use-package-ensure edmacro
kmacro cl-extra help-mode use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode
use-package-core pixel-scroll cua-base savehist saveplace delsel
elec-pair repeat tramp-cache time-stamp tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat rx shell pcomplete
comint ansi-osc ring parse-time iso8601 time-date format-spec ansi-color
recentf tree-widget wid-edit company-autoloads devdocs-autoloads
diminish-autoloads elfeed-autoloads embark-autoloads emms-autoloads
gdscript-mode-autoloads htmlize-autoloads iedit-autoloads
magit-autoloads pcase git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
dash-autoloads marginalia-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
orderless-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads
sly-autoloads tempel-autoloads transient-autoloads verb-autoloads
vertico-autoloads webpaste-autoloads request-autoloads wgrep-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads xclip-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib nocharm-p-theme rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 308567 149303)
 (symbols 48 20983 10)
 (strings 32 71158 9845)
 (string-bytes 1 2880013)
 (vectors 16 34669)
 (vector-slots 8 623575 243279)
 (floats 8 240 350)
 (intervals 56 1713 204)
 (buffers 984 16))