Subject: [24.0.50] end-of-buffer cursor position with an overlay
From: Tetsuo Tsukamoto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:59:23 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Emacs 24.0.50 displays end-of-buffer cursor at different position
from where Emacs 23 does when there is an overlay at eob with
before- or after-string.

Emacs 24.0.50:

o  $ emacs -Q
   Then point is at eob.

o  M-: (overlay-put (make-overlay (point) (point)) 'before-string "?")
   Then cursor is placed on "?".
   (cursor position is indicated with [ and ])

   0) [?]

o  Typing x (or any other char) twice results in the following
   behavior.

   1) [?]x   2) ?xx[]

Emacs 24.0.50, point not at eob:

   0) ?[]   1) ?x[]    2) ?xx[]

Emacs 23.2, point at eob or not at eob:

   0) ?[]   1) ?x[]    2) ?xx[]

So only Emacs 24.0.50 with point at eob displays cursor
differently relative to an overlay placed at eob.

-- 
Tetsuo Tsukamoto