Subject: Re: bug#66330: 28.2; Gnus wide reply (S W) changes Subject header when used from Debbugs thread
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Cc: Bruno Victal <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2023 09:53:06 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Maxim,

>> FTR, this behavior is due to setting a default subject via
>> gnus-posting-styles in debbugs-gnu-summary-mode. Could you please check
>> whether the appended patch helps?
>
> I've applied the patch and retried my original reproducer; it passes the
> test!  So it seems useful to me already in the current form, thank you!
>
> Another thing that could be nice for the future would be some way for
> the user to customize the gnus-posting-styles used by Debbugs.  That way
> I believe you could modify its behavior only for some particular
> "group", e.g. when sending to 'guix-patches'; but that seems trickier
> to implement.
>
> So I think the solution you propose is satisfactory!

Thanks for the feedback. I've applied the patch to the GNU ELPA
repository, and released debbugs 0.37. Shall be visible in a couple of
hours.

Further changes might be possible. But as you've said it is more
complex, because some of the settings in gnus-posting-styles must be
preserved. So we'll better wait for further requests if any.

Closing the bug.

Best regards, Michael.