Subject: 30.0.50; Typo in search.c prevents build on master
From: Jani Juhani Sinervo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 23:36:24 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

There seems to have been a typo in `search.c' in the commit
35fbf6f15830f576fd1909f4a8d30e7ba1d777bd, which prevents building Emacs
from sources, even with a fully clean repository.

The build error is as follows:

> search.c:3400:2: error: invalid preprocessing directive #elsif; did you mean #elif?
> 3400 | #elsif HAVE_OPEN_MEMSTREAM
>      |  ^~~~~
>      |  elif

This typo seems to have gotten introduced in the commit
cc0d7d7a3867e4554f89262e4641c9845ee0d647, which also introduced the
function this typo is found within.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.17.8, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2023-09-20 built on blackstar
Repository revision: 74dffcdf4f25ce4dc9074b0215f9967fb3e245a5
Repository branch: master
System Description: Fedora Linux 39 (Thirty Nine Prerelease)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/jani/.local/stow/emacs
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp --with-mailutils
 --with-sound=yes --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-wide-int
 --with-cairo-xcb --with-imagemagick --with-json --with-tree-sitter
 --with-file-notification=yes --with-native-compilation=yes --with-x'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2
M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11
XAW3D XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C/*l

Minor modes in effect:
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-revert-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  corfu-popupinfo-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: linux
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/jani/.emacs.d/elpa/embark-consult-0.7/embark-org hides /home/jani/.emacs.d/elpa/embark-0.22.1/embark-org
/home/jani/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.4.3/transient hides /home/jani/.local/stow/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow emacsbug consult magit-bookmark bookmark flymake-cc vc
bug-reference cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs term ehelp vc-git vc-dispatcher
flow-fill sort mm-archive textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize
uni-confusable textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml disp-table
utf-7 gnus-cite mail-extr nndraft nnmh epa-file network-stream nsm
nnfolder nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file gnus-group gnus-undo
cus-start gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source
utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu
magit-diff smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit message
sendmail yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor shell pcomplete
server magit-mode transient format-spec magit-git magit-section
magit-utils crm dash mule-util comp comp-cstr rx term/linux elec-pair
checkdoc lisp-mnt flymake-proc flymake compile comint ansi-osc ring
warnings thingatpt rainbow-delimiters tango-theme finder-inf
auth-source-pass gnus nnheader gnus-util text-property-search time-date
mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr ansi-color project which-key
yasnippet kind-icon svg-lib color svg dom corfu-popupinfo corfu
marginalia edmacro kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode
orderless recentf tree-widget savehist vertico compat use-package-ensure
cl-extra help-mode use-package-core mozc clang-rename
clang-include-fixer let-alist clang-format xml corfu-autoloads
edit-indirect-autoloads embark-consult-autoloads consult-autoloads
embark-autoloads kind-icon-autoloads magit-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads marginalia-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads orderless-autoloads pass-autoloads f-autoloads
dash-autoloads password-store-otp-autoloads password-store-autoloads
rainbow-delimiters-autoloads s-autoloads svg-lib-autoloads
transient-autoloads vertico-autoloads which-key-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cus-edit pp
cus-load icons wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 848780 114546) (symbols 48 35620 2)
 (strings 32 213682 4713) (string-bytes 1 5788929) (vectors 16 84558)
 (vector-slots 8 1391594 54829) (floats 8 491 645)
 (intervals 56 6051 194) (buffers 992 22))