Subject: Re: bug#66241: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Use auth-info-mode for non-hidden authinfo and netrc files
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 14:08:12 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 30.1

Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 at 19:34, Stefan Kangas wrote:
>
>> Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> See patch for the rationale.
>>
>> Thanks.  Could you explain why you think that this should this be the
>> default value, instead of merely a user customization?
>
> The user customization is indeed rather easy: one can add a "-*- mode:"
> comment at the top of the file.  The main issue with that is that the
> user needs to be aware of the existence of the mode.  I wasn't, until
> recently.
>
> The second point is, I see no potential for false-positives, i.e., who
> would have a file name "authinfo" or "netrc" that is not a credentials
> file?  (Of course this is just a theory which can be disputed.)

Thanks, that makes sense.  So I installed this patch on master
(c12166de380).

I'm closing this bug report.