Subject: [Emacs Android] <text-conversion> is undefined
From: Pierre Ayoub <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 19:19:08 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi maintainers.

I'm using the latest Android port of Emacs downloaded from F-Droid. When
typing a keybinding with a regular character without precedence of a
special key, I got the `<text-conversion> is undefined` error. I tried
several keyboards (AOSP Keyboard, GBoard, Hacker Keyboard, BehHe
Keyboard, Unexpected Keyboard) but always got the same bug. For example:

C-x C-f is perfectly working since there is two regular characters each
one preceded by a special key. C-h k is not working since I get the
following error because of the k which is not preceded by a special key
like C or M: `C-h <text-conversion> is undefined`.

- Phone: Google Pixel 6a
- Android: 13
- Distribution: LineageOS 20-20230903
- Emacs: v30.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-unknown-linux-android22) of
  2023-09-16.

I don't know how to deal with it. Let me know if I can help.

Cheers,
Pierre