Subject: 23.2; xterm-mouse-mode bug
From: Ilya Tatar <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 13:09:28 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

--text follows this line--
This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
not to your local site managers!
Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list,
and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

Hello,

I started emacs with "emacs -Q -nw" in xterm

% xterm -version
XTerm(257)

- if I click on a character on column 0-94, everything works as 
expected: the point moves to that location.

- if I click on a character on column 95, I get an error:
xterm-mouse-event: Wrong type argument: wholenump, -29

- if I click on a character on column >95, I get the Help menu (same as 
if I clicked on "Help" menu, or pressed "M-` h")

Thanks,
-Ilya

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
     `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/pkg/gnu/share/emacs/23.2/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (sparc-sun-solaris2.8, GTK+ Version 2.10.13)
  of 2010-05-08 on pkg-build
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/pkg/gnu' 
'--x-includes=/pkg/gnome/include:/usr/X11/include:/usr/openwin/include:/usr/dt/include:/pkg/X11/include' 
'--x-libraries=/pkg/gnome/lib:/usr/X11/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/pkg/X11/lib' 
'--with-x' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' 
'--with-pkg-config-prog=/usr/bin/pkg-config' '--with-xpm' '--with-jpeg' 
'--with-tiff' '--with-gif' '--with-png' 'CC=gcc' 'CFLAGS= -O3 
-mcpu=ultrasparc' 'LDFLAGS=-L/pkg/local/lib -R/pkg/local/lib 
-L/pkg/gnu/lib -R/pkg/gnu/lib' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/pkg/local/include 
-I/pkg/local/include/libpng -I/pkg/gnu/include''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: C
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: nil
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   xterm-mouse-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC [ > 0 ; 2 5 7 ; 0 c ESC ] 1 1 ; r g b : f f f f
/ f f f f / f f f f ESC \ M-x x t - m o u TAB RET C-u
9 5 - ESC [ M SPC ~ & ESC [ M # ~ & ESC [ M SPC C-d
& ESC [ M # C-d & ESC [ M SPC C-M-@ & ESC [ M # C-M-@
& C-g M-x r e p o TAB r t TAB RET

Recent messages:
("emacs")
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Xterm-Mouse mode enabled
xterm-mouse-event: Wrong type argument: wholenump, -29 [2 times]
Quit
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail regexp-opt ecomplete rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util
netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock
sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug help-mode easymenu view tmm
electric cus-start cus-load xt-mouse tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset
image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)