Subject: 24.0.50; Fringe at scroll bar side is wider (sometimes).
From: "Jan D." <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 13:49:28 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
not to your local site managers!
Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list,
and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

% emacs -Q -fn -adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--18-180-75-75-m-110-iso10646-1

(or monospace-18 if you have Xft).

Notice that the fringe close to scroll bar is much wider than the other
fringe (see screenshot).  This appears to depend on the font size, as
for smaller fonts, the effect is not that noticable.
For example, with Gtk+ and lucid, monospace-19 shows this rather well,
but for monospace-20, there is little difference.  But for monospace-20
the fringes are much smaller than for monospace-20.  Why?

Seen on lucid, Motif/Lesstif, and Gtk+ Emacs builds.

     Jan D.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
     `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GNU/LessTif Version 2.1 
Release 0.95.2)
  of 2010-07-09 on f13virt.localdomain
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.10800000
configured using `configure  '--with-x-toolkit=motif''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: C
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: sv_SE.utf8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> C-x k <return>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> x x x x x <help-echo> <help-echo>
<escape> x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g <return
 >

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set

Load-path shadows:
/home/jhd/src/emacs/trunk/leim/leim-list hides 
/home/jhd/src/emacs/obj-motif/leim/leim-list

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr message sendmail regexp-opt rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting motif x-toolkit
x multi-tty emacs)