Subject: Re: bug#65824: Indent after open delimiters in verb constructs
From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
To: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 10:17:43 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Keita,

Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hmm, it really matters, I think there are two actions that we can take:
> 1. Remove `save-match-data' from `LaTeX-verbatim-p' and announce the
>    removal in changes.texi. Grepping over the current source briefly,
>    the only usage of (La)TeX-verbatim-p that needs to preserve the match
>    data is `LaTeX-search-forward-comment-start'. So wrapping it with
>    `save-match-data' in that function is easy. (In addition,
>    `LaTeX-search-forward-comment-start' is only used as a value of
>    `TeX-search-forward-comment-start-function', which is only used in
>    `TeX-search-forward-comment-start', which isn't used at all now.)
> 2. Implement LaTeX mode function for `indent-region'. Now AUCTeX has
>    "line-by-line" indent function only, but there are apparent overheads
>    when AUCTeX indents a region. We could implement region-oriented
>    indent function which works with less overheads.

Thanks for your response.  I pushed that change (a228137f66).  I'd say
let's wait and see if users complain about any performance regressions,
we can then implement one of your suggestions above.

For now, I'm closing this report.

Best, Arash