Subject: Re: bug#65801: [PATCH] gnu: openmpi: Enable PMIx.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Bilke <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 22:57:59 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Lars Bilke <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Enables support for the Process Management Interface for Exascale which is used e.g. by Slurm for the management communication and coordination of MPI processes.
>
> This allows e.g. to run guix-created container on JSC Juwels cluster with native performance.

Nice.

Out of curiosity, does the cluster run Guix natively or are you using
‘guix pack’?

>>From 23a11683c37faf8b971628b2ded9560ba5a22965 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Lars Bilke <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2023 15:06:03 +0200
> Subject: [PATCH] [PATCH] gnu: openmpi: Enable PMIx.
>
> Enables support for the Process Management Interface for Exascale which
> is used e.g. by Slurm for the management communication and coordination
> of MPI processes

I added this to the comment in the code, tweaked the commit log, and
committed.

Thank you!

Ludo’.