Subject: Re: bug#65680: cl-print-to-string-with-limit erroneously imposes a maximum print-length of 50
From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 16:49:57 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, Eli.

On Fri, Sep 29, 2023 at 15:39:44 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 15:12:37 +0000
> > Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>

> > I've implemented cl-print-string-length in cl-print.el, but not as a
> > customisable variable (for consistency with print-{length,level}).  I
> > manipulate it in cl-print-string-with-limit by binding it to (- limit
> > 3), then multiplying it by ¾ at each successive trial printing.

> > I haven't yet made any amendment to the CL manual.

> Please do.

It seems that cl-print.el is entirely undocumented in the CL manual.
I've opened bug #66267 for this.  I intend to work on it in the coming
days.

> > Here's the patch I propose to commit:

> OK, modulo Stefan's comment.

I've committed it, and I'm closing bug #65680 with this post.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).