Subject: Re: [bug#65504] [PATCH] gnu: emilua: Update to 0.4.3
From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
To: Valter Sage <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 09:35:30 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Valter,

I started looking at this as it had passed QA, although while it
arguably hadn't made the situation worse, the package looks to have been
failing to build before, and it was still failing to build with these
changes.

guix lint also was reporting a load of new issues:

→ ./pre-inst-env guix lint emilua
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1188:8: [email-masked]: label 'fmt-8' does not match package name 'fmt'
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1188:8: [email-masked]: label 'gcc-12' does not match package name 'gcc'
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1151:8: [email-masked]: invalid phase clause
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1151:3: [email-masked]: tabulation on line 1151, column 3
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1155:11: [email-masked]: tabulation on line 1155, column 11
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1156:11: [email-masked]: tabulation on line 1156, column 11
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1157:11: [email-masked]: tabulation on line 1157, column 11
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1161:0: [email-masked]: trailing white space on line 1161
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1166:0: [email-masked]: line 1166 is way too long (95 characters)
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1167:0: [email-masked]: trailing white space on line 1167
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1174:6: [email-masked]: tabulation on line 1174, column 6
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1175:6: [email-masked]: tabulation on line 1175, column 6
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1176:6: [email-masked]: tabulation on line 1176, column 6
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1179:0: [email-masked]: trailing white space on line 1179
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1188:3: [email-masked]: tabulation on line 1188, column 3
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1196:0: [email-masked]: parentheses feel lonely, move to the previous or next line
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1203:25: [email-masked]: tabulation on line 1203, column 25
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1204:0: [email-masked]: trailing white space on line 1204
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1204:0: [email-masked]: line 1204 is way too long (137 characters)
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1205:0: [email-masked]: trailing white space on line 1205
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1206:0: [email-masked]: tabulation on line 1206, column 0
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1207:0: [email-masked]: tabulation on line 1207, column 0
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1208:0: [email-masked]: tabulation on line 1208, column 0
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1209:0: [email-masked]: tabulation on line 1209, column 0
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1210:0: [email-masked]: tabulation on line 1210, column 0
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1211:0: [email-masked]: tabulation on line 1211, column 0
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1212:0: [email-masked]: tabulation on line 1212, column 0
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1213:0: [email-masked]: tabulation on line 1213, column 0
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1214:0: [email-masked]: tabulation on line 1214, column 0
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1215:0: [email-masked]: tabulation on line 1215, column 0

I've now gone through and fixed all these, the "invalid build clause" as
mentioned by guix lint was what was causing the package to fail to
build. Luckily, I also saw the patch posted to #65515, so I've merged
those changes in here.

Other small tweaks I made include using with-directory-excursion in the
arguments, and removing gawk as a native-input (I think the build system
provides gawk).

I've pushed this to master as 10bc07671e2a3a699d4f56e405f50d766323319a.

Chris