Subject: 29.1.50; EPA can falsely report "wrong passphrase" when decryption fails
From: Jens Schmidt <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 21:06:35 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Placeholder to draw a bug number ... details and patch to follow.

--------------------------------------------------

In GNU Emacs 29.1.50 (build 6, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-08-15 built on sappc2
Repository revision: 26949819df07cb36ed773cc9df6ca91f5f49e3d5
Repository branch: false-positives-from-epa--wrong-password-p
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure -C --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: POSIX
  value of $LC_TIME: POSIX
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix