Subject: guix-1.3 on Ubuntu-22.04 is broken because of outdated datefudge.
From: Dmitry Nikolaev <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 08:28:41 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello.

I recently tried to install guix on Ubuntu 22.04 from APT. Installation 
goes well, but 'guix pull' does not work. It tries to download 
datefudge-1.23, but fails.

Starting download of 
/gnu/store/g0ha1fd0x299w48hfgs2sa1sl1b6vlnq-datefudge_1.23.tar.xz
From 
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/datefudge/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz...
download failed 
"http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/datefudge/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz" 
404 "Not Found"

Starting download of 
/gnu/store/g0ha1fd0x299w48hfgs2sa1sl1b6vlnq-datefudge_1.23.tar.xz
From 
http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/datefudge/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz...
download failed 
"http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/datefudge/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz" 
404 "Not Found"

Starting download of 
/gnu/store/g0ha1fd0x299w48hfgs2sa1sl1b6vlnq-datefudge_1.23.tar.xz
From 
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/datefudge/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz...
download failed 
"http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/datefudge/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz" 
404 "Not Found"

Starting download of 
/gnu/store/g0ha1fd0x299w48hfgs2sa1sl1b6vlnq-datefudge_1.23.tar.xz
From 
http://archive.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/datefudge/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz...
download failed 
"http://archive.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/datefudge/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz" 
404 "Not Found"

Starting download of 
/gnu/store/g0ha1fd0x299w48hfgs2sa1sl1b6vlnq-datefudge_1.23.tar.xz
From 
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/file/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz/sha256/0ifnlb0mc8qc2kb5042pbz0ns6rwcb7201di8wyrsphl0yhnhxiv...
Throw to key gnutls-error' with args (#<gnutls-error-enum Error in the 
pull function.> handshake)'.

Starting download of 
/gnu/store/g0ha1fd0x299w48hfgs2sa1sl1b6vlnq-datefudge_1.23.tar.xz
From 
https://tarballs.nixos.org/sha256/0ifnlb0mc8qc2kb5042pbz0ns6rwcb7201di8wyrsphl0yhnhxiv...
download failed 
"https://tarballs.nixos.org/sha256/0ifnlb0mc8qc2kb5042pbz0ns6rwcb7201di8wyrsphl0yhnhxiv" 
404 "Not Found"

Starting download of 
/gnu/store/g0ha1fd0x299w48hfgs2sa1sl1b6vlnq-datefudge_1.23.tar.xz
From 
https://archive.softwareheritage.org/api/1/content/sha256:3b7668a107145e9d3d47b10520ce623c1b6dc15f571050d6140c2356c1a2d645/raw/...
download failed 
"https://archive.softwareheritage.org/api/1/content/sha256:3b7668a107145e9d3d47b10520ce623c1b6dc15f571050d6140c2356c1a2d645/raw/" 
404 "Not Found"
failed to download 
"/gnu/store/g0ha1fd0x299w48hfgs2sa1sl1b6vlnq-datefudge_1.23.tar.xz" from 
"mirror://debian/pool/main/d/datefudge/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz"

As you can see, datefudge-1.23 is outdated. Even Debian oldstable is 
using datefudge-1.24. My last hope was to download it from 
ci.guix.gnu.org, but I got gnutls-error.

Looks like guix-1.3 is completely unusable on Ubuntu.

Dmitry Nikolaev