Subject: 29.1; Comment or uncomment lines in elisp-mode will show message in minibuffer
From: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2023 19:13:59 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Emacs,

When update to the new released Emacs 29.1, I found that when comment or
uncomment lines in emacs-lisp-mode will show message in minibuffer as
below:
```
combine-change-calls: buffer-undo-list broken
```
Steps to reproduce:
1. create a test.el file with any Elisp code. such as:
```
(message "Test")
```
2. start emacs and open the test.el file with `emacs -Q ~/test.el`
3. Use C-x C-; (comment-line) to comment the code in test.el
4. Now you will see the message mentioned above.

This issue also happened on Emacs 29.1 on Windows OS.

----
Best regard, Eason Huang

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin22.6.0, NS appkit-2299.70
 Version 13.5 (Build 22G74), git sha1 a9b28224af0) of 2023-07-30 built on macbook
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.5

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation=aot --without-dbus
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-rpath
 /opt/local/lib/gcc12
 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk
 -arch x86_64''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode
vc-dispatcher shortdoc text-property-search help-fns radix-tree
cl-loaddefs comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv
cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 91885 14315)
 (symbols 48 7745 3)
 (strings 32 22830 1629)
 (string-bytes 1 698877)
 (vectors 16 17037)
 (vector-slots 8 356967 18443)
 (floats 8 85 110)
 (intervals 56 538 16)
 (buffers 984 14))