Subject: [PATCH 00/18] gnu: Add yq.
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 14:26:13 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Thank you for the nice set of patches!

I've checkouted from a11107a3b2964ad4ea1eb8a6e0f065937a112806 and
rebased to the latest master branch to apply v2.

- Modifications applied [23/23][100%]
  - [X] Add go-github-com-a8m-envsubst
    - [X] move to golang-xyz
  - [X] Add go-github-com-alecthomas-assert-v2
    - [X] move to golang-check
  - [X] Add go-github-com-alecthomas-participle-v2
    - [X] move to golang-xyz
    - [X] gnu/packages/golang-xyz.scm:81:13:
      [email-masked]: can be upgraded to
      2.1.1
    - [X] move go-github-com-alecthomas-assert-v2 to native inputs
  - [X] Add go-github-com-dimchansky-utfbom
    - [X] move to golang-xyz
  - [X] Add go-github-com-elliotchance-orderedmap
    - [X] move golang-xyz
    - [X] update to 1.5.1
  - [X] Add go-github-com-go-playground-assert-v2
    - [X] move to golang-check
    - [X] gnu/packages/golang-check.scm:762:13:
      [email-masked]: can be upgraded to
      2.2.0
  - [X] Add go-github-com-go-playground-validator-v10
    - [X] gnu/packages/golang.scm:2992:13:
      [email-masked]: can be upgraded
      to 10.18.0
    - [X] add go-github-com-gabriel-vasile-mimetype to propagated-inputs
  - [X] Add go-github-com-hexops-gotextdiff
    - [X] move to golang-check
  - [X] Add go-github-com-jinzhu-copier
    - [X] move to golang-xyz
    - [X] gnu/packages/golang-xyz.scm:545:13:
      [email-masked]: can be upgraded to 0.4.0
  - [X] Add go-github-com-mikefarah-yq-v4
  - [X] Add go-github-com-pelletier-go-toml-v2
    - [X] gnu/packages/golang.scm:4034:13:
      [email-masked]: can be upgraded to 2.1.1
  - [X] Add go-gopkg-in-op-go-logging-v1
    - [X] move to golang-xyz
  - [X] Add yq
  - [X] Update go-github-com-alecthomas-repr
    - [X] gnu/packages/golang.scm:7570:13:
      [email-masked]: can be upgraded to 0.3.0
  - [X] Update go-github-com-fatih-color
    - [X] fix gnu/packages/golang.scm:6636:15:
      [email-masked]: permanent redirect from
      https://godoc.org/github.com/fatih/color to
      https://pkg.go.dev/github.com/fatih/color?utm_source=godoc
    - [X] gnu/packages/golang.scm:6617:13:
      [email-masked]: can be upgraded to 1.16.0
  - [X] Update go-github-com-goccy-go-json
  - [X] Update go-github-com-goccy-yaml
    - [X] gnu/packages/golang.scm:8896:13:
      [email-masked]: can be upgraded to 1.11.3
  - [X] Update go-github-com-go-playground-universal-translator
    - [X] gnu/packages/golang.scm:2906:13:
      [email-masked]: can be
      upgraded to 0.18.1
  - [X] Update go-github-com-leodido-go-urn
    - [X] gnu/packages/golang.scm:2812:13:
      [email-masked]: can be upgraded to 1.4.0
  - [X] Update go-github-com-magiconair-properties
  - [X] Update go-github-com-mattn-go-colorable
  - [X] Update go-github-com-mattn-go-isatty
    - [X] gnu/packages/golang.scm:4488:13:
      [email-masked]: can be upgraded to 0.0.20
  - [X] Update go-github-com-spf13-cobra
    - [X] fix gnu/packages/golang.scm:3826:5:
      [email-masked]: label 'github.com/spf13/pflag'
      does not match package name 'go-github-com-spf13-pflag'
    - [X] gnu/packages/golang.scm:3811:13:
      [email-masked]: can be upgraded to 1.8.0

The upgrade for yq to the latest version requires more packaging work
and may be scheduled for the next update cycle.
- gnu/packages/web.scm:5207:13: [email-masked]:
  can be upgraded to 4.41.1
- gnu/packages/web.scm:5252:2: [email-masked]: can be upgraded to 4.41.1

I've checked whether dependent packages are still buildable:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked]
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Succeeded:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
/gnu/store/qlfdg52q5pas3amk8n8gbhwljbdhyvdn-yq-4.34.2
/gnu/store/f6scnwq5x83hs5vayy9ijxg71jpgl9yg-go-github-com-mikefarah-yq-v4-4.34.2
/gnu/store/d9v4l5knzy10mlzzikyfawykw0drc1h3-lfs-s3-0.1.5
/gnu/store/vgwg2djmbj48dfi9liwq1nk9ppsjp8nq-hut-0.4.0
/gnu/store/fi61351qvsypyw5imk2r6ym0aakshs6y-csvdiff-1.4.0
/gnu/store/lxki4506dxq1640xpqapi13533jv6id8-go-github-com-wraparound-wrap-0.3.1
/gnu/store/lr3ccx44dhs4ymhkdvqrcdxssxyndx2k-exercism-3.1.0
/gnu/store/3r1fkrb7hj9c5fbygci21k9n317p1bvn-restic-rest-server-0.11.0
/gnu/store/aiwasa5ns9wbpw124m8v4qfql7d7vs2y-bitmask-0.21.11
/gnu/store/kgsjzdxhavjahcqpb1zi7l303hxf3p8n-gojq-0.12.11
/gnu/store/riyzyl2skiqsn41132z6bqjaf6n0l0kj-go-github-com-itchyny-gojq-0.12.11
/gnu/store/spdak3my2blzk96nv4crf6qj9dnqr7n6-wego-2.1
/gnu/store/bv5sprr5584v1yfrw77pgm9p8lwqd2b2-ani-cli-4.8
/gnu/store/gr4xbp3xvpq5f1i3sz1pzzhhqi7iy8bl-ytfzf-2.6.2
/gnu/store/v5z78964k83avqwc0h4w9xn2yrq72qrb-emacs-fzf-0.2-0.21912eb
/gnu/store/ja521cm656pfxdx1ijyx09i4j5qs6sd9-go-github-com-junegunn-fzf-0.41.0
/gnu/store/64qlj41abjg64nb3kr24ffhn6cvc6j91-emacs-direnv-2.2.0
/gnu/store/k5y6d1vxxk1c0d51nhhkij5kvid4v9yk-emacs-envrc-0.6
/gnu/store/bw6584ha6wybg76r7lnvdbkrcbnnmfnj-kappanhang-1.3
/gnu/store/pqaghkkyvr6yq62mn1bhbbwcxr9z9650-yggdrasil-0.5.5
/gnu/store/8m35frnsdkslplqqpvd04844rsx5wvi5-demlo-3.8-0.fe9ec4c
/gnu/store/77q7r65cpln59x3b34va398307c4rdyf-aerc-0.15.2
/gnu/store/fbzhvwj1dvazn01r69jylmjskyqhc1pk-kubo-0.19.0
/gnu/store/770nxqpxj0h3np5f5qr3nrjwahk23f54-go-github-com-google-go-jsonnet-0.18.0
/gnu/store/bf0frjxvncd6lkzr3gdycibhsjv16dnv-gron-0.7.1
/gnu/store/wqy0dhlz7206250x3y5r0dn9alvy88f9-r-biocdockermanager-1.11.0
/gnu/store/zj9wh9vplshsd6dp54k33wfnhlajx2x9-actionlint-1.6.26
/gnu/store/3f1qy0jm918nm4h1gnjy6icdi7dwp63r-edirect-13.3.20200128
/gnu/store/5ssnljgksh6lwrwkq4x91pni3i4mzpcp-tz-0.6.1
/gnu/store/7xi5h1gwq6flghhh3qxi66vjw779frj9-fdroidcl-0.7.0
/gnu/store/nfbrqgbld338kgls66fm49jh2hp5hp50-go-gopkg-in-go-playground-validator-v9-9.31.0
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Failed:
- [email-masked] :: Failed for a long time, fix is queued
  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/69136
- [email-masked] :: Failed due to go-github-com-songmu-gitconfig, the
  update requires 11 packages because of a new dependence in version
  0.2.0 - github.com/cli/go-gh v0.1.0. The update may be covered after
  this https://issues.guix.gnu.org/4753 is reviewed.

Pushed as cf842e9b20..5e556a19d2 to master.

--
Oleg