Subject: 'guix shell -D po4a' fails (texlive-font-maps.drv build failure)
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 16:51:54 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

While attempting to hack on po4a I've found 'guix shell -D po4a' would
fail like so:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Transcript written on: {/tmp/texlive/share/texmf-dist}/../texmf-var/web2c/updmap.log
updmap: updating ls-R files.
`/gnu/store/rlbyrr5rnsmfi0aani1ibkrlszp7xiz9-texlive-font-maps/share/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvipdfmx/updmap/kanjix.map' -> `/tmp/texlive/share/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvipdfmx/updmap/kanjix.map'
Backtrace:
          16 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/b76nnrqi8g418ibr8i2h113wz2z?")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8 15 (_ #(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-user) 7ffff77?> ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   475:33 14 (loop _ _ #(25 307354922 16877 1 999 30000 0 20 # # # ?) ?)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   460:18 13 (fold #<procedure 7ffff50b7660 at ice-9/ftw.scm:475:38?> ?)
In unknown file:
          12 (_ #<procedure 7ffff4b98990 at ice-9/ftw.scm:477:44 ()> ?)
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   475:33 11 (loop _ _ #(25 307354925 16877 1 999 30000 0 6 # # # ?) ?)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   460:18 10 (fold #<procedure 7ffff50b72a0 at ice-9/ftw.scm:475:38?> ?)
In unknown file:
           9 (_ #<procedure 7ffff4b98510 at ice-9/ftw.scm:477:44 ()> ?)
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   475:33  8 (loop _ _ #(25 307354926 16877 1 999 30000 0 38 # # # ?) ?)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   460:18  7 (fold #<procedure 7ffff50cfdc0 at ice-9/ftw.scm:475:38?> ?)
In unknown file:
           6 (_ #<procedure 7ffff4b5cf00 at ice-9/ftw.scm:477:44 ()> ?)
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   475:33  5 (loop _ _ #(25 307354931 16877 1 999 30000 0 12 # # # ?) ?)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   460:18  4 (fold #<procedure 7ffff50cf9a0 at ice-9/ftw.scm:475:38?> ?)
In unknown file:
           3 (_ #<procedure 7ffff4b5c900 at ice-9/ftw.scm:477:44 ()> ?)
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   505:39  2 (loop _ _ #(25 307354932 16877 1 999 30000 0 20 # # # ?) ?)
In guix/build/utils.scm:
   454:27  1 (_ "/gnu/store/rlbyrr5rnsmfi0aani1ibkrlszp7xiz9-texliv?" ?)
In unknown file:
           0 (copy-file "/gnu/store/rlbyrr5rnsmfi0aani1ibkrlszp7xiz?" ?)

ERROR: In procedure copy-file:
In procedure copy-file: Permission denied
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I'm not sure if or how this problem is related to the other TexLive
issues recently discovered.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim