Subject: [translation] M-x texinfo-all-menus-update breaks translated cookbook
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 15:33:08 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

When attempting to run `M-x texinfo-all-menus-update' from Emacs on the
guix-cookbook.texi file, it builds fine, but auto-generated translated
variants do not, which breaks 'make as-derivation' (or 'guix pull').

The error reported by 'make as-derivation' is:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
guix.es.texi:19860: warning: `.' or `,' must follow @xref, not p
guix.es.texi:46332: warning: `.' or `,' must follow @xref, not p
guix.fr.texi:15422: warning: `.' or `,' must follow @xref, not p
Wide character in warn at /gnu/store/9d7c6c8id6dh0inpqvcgb708mmiqcj4c-texinfo-6.8/bin/makeinfo line 637.
guix.ru.texi:13064: warning: `.' or `,' must follow @xref, not д
guix-cookbook.de.texi:570: @menu reference to nonexistent node `A ``Hello World'' package'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:571: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Setup'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:572: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Extended example'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:573: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Other build systems'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:574: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Programmable and automated package definition'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:575: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Getting help'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:576: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Conclusion'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:801: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Local file'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:802: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Channels'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:1510: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Recursive importers'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:1511: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Automatic update'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:3358: @menu reference to nonexistent node `A Database Container'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:3657: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Basic setup with manifests'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:3658: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Required packages'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:3659: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Default profile'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:3660: @menu reference to nonexistent node `The benefits of manifests'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:116: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node `A ``Hello World'' package'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:117: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node `Setup'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:118: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node `Extended example'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:119: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node `Other build systems'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:120: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node `Programmable and automated package definition'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:121: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node `Getting help'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:122: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node `Conclusion'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:129: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node `Local file'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:130: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node `Channels'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:137: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node `Recursive importers'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:138: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node `Automatic update'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:193: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node `A Database Container'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:207: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node `Basic setup with manifests'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:208: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node `Required packages'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:209: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node `Default profile'
guix-cookbook.de.texi:210: @detailmenu reference to nonexistent node `The benefits of manifests'
Backtrace:
           3 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/jcpsgx9pswha51a014fdi5rlpsk?")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8  2 (_ #f)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   260:13  1 (for-each #<procedure 7ffff4f91f80 at ice-9/eval.scm:3?> ?)
In guix/build/utils.scm:
    812:6  0 (invoke "/gnu/store/9d7c6c8id6dh0inpqvcgb708mmiqcj4c-t?" ?)

guix/build/utils.scm:812:6: In procedure invoke:
ERROR:
  1. &invoke-error:
      program: "/gnu/store/9d7c6c8id6dh0inpqvcgb708mmiqcj4c-texinfo-6.8/bin/makeinfo"
      arguments: ("./guix-cookbook.de.texi" "-I" "/gnu/store/ah2fdy1vkac5blsdm2ai654h4gwgib21-doc" "-I" "." "-o" "/gnu/store/zb7vmqbbwl5s9i26zdhxpks1xrcr5npz-guix-manual/guix-cookbook.de.info")
      exit-status: 1
      term-signal: #f
      stop-signal: #f
builder for `/gnu/store/6fah4ipa15w46npk919f4i5hka5jhphg-guix-manual.drv' failed with exit code 1
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/x34kb0nk9h2mdjj6hydlvsjphdakakpr-guix-20230726.19.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
error: build of `/gnu/store/x34kb0nk9h2mdjj6hydlvsjphdakakpr-guix-20230726.19.drv' failed
make: *** [Makefile:7009 : as-derivation] Erreur 1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Would someone know how to get this to work?  Manually maintaining menus
in Texinfo is a pain.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim