Subject: 30.0.50; Eglot: Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p return) in eglot--post-self-insert-hook
From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 07:06:58 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm in a rust-ts-mode buffer and ran eglot.  When I hit RET (bound to
newline), I get the following error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p return)
  eglot--post-self-insert-hook()
  self-insert-command(1)
  newline(nil 1)
  funcall-interactively(newline nil 1)
  call-interactively(newline nil nil)
  command-execute(newline)

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 56, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-07-21 built on thinkpad-t440p
Repository revision: c55e67081e9873a32b6e665e44f3e5a9c301255f
Repository branch: master
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-tree-sitter --with-pgtk --with-modules'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Rust

Minor modes in effect:
  eglot-inlay-hints-mode: t
  eglot--managed-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  hexl-follow-ascii: t
  cargo-minor-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  debbugs-browse-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  aggressive-indent-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  diredfl-global-mode: t
  mu4e-modeline-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  highlight-parentheses-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  corfu-history-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  switchy-window-minor-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  puni-global-mode: t
  puni-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-modeline hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-modeline
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-context hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-context
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-main hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-main
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-vars hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-vars
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-window hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-window
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-speedbar hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-speedbar
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-view hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-view
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-thread hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-thread
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-bookmarks hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-bookmarks
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-org hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-org
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-lists hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-lists
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-actions hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-actions
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-helpers hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-helpers
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-search hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-search
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-server hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-server
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-obsolete hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-obsolete
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-update hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-update
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-draft hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-draft
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-message hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-message
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-compose hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-compose
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-headers hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-headers
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-query-items hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-query-items
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-notification hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-notification
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-contacts hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-contacts
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-icalendar hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-icalendar
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-mark hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-mark
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-contrib hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-contrib
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-folders hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-folders
~/Repos/el/mu/mu4e/mu4e-mime-parts hides ~/Repos/el/mu/build/mu4e/mu4e-mime-parts
/home/horn/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230602.2121/transient hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow face-remap so-long view emacsbug shortdoc comp comp-cstr
help-fns radix-tree cl-print cus-start cape-keyword cape eglot
external-completion jsonrpc flymake-proc flymake ert debug backtrace
tramp-cmds rust-ts-mode c-ts-common puni pulse
display-fill-column-indicator display-line-numbers ef-cherie-theme
generic totp-widget totp hexl bindat yaml-mode fish-mode cargo xref
project cargo-process web-mode disp-table preview-latex tex-site
editorconfig editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle
editorconfig-fnmatch elfeed-show elfeed-search vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view debbugs-browse elfeed-csv elfeed
elfeed-curl elfeed-log elfeed-db elfeed-lib avl-tree generator url-queue
xml-query hl-todo aggressive-indent rainbow-mode pdf-occur tablist
tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch
pdf-misc pdf-tools pdf-view jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util
pdf-macs image-mode exif vc-git vc-dir ewoc epa-file diredfl dired-x
mu4e-icalendar gnus-icalendar icalendar diary-lib diary-loaddefs mu4e
mu4e-org mu4e-notification notifications mu4e-main mu4e-view
mu4e-mime-parts mu4e-headers mu4e-thread mu4e-compose mu4e-draft
mu4e-actions org-capture org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-compat org-version org-macs
smtpmail mu4e-search mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark mu4e-message
flow-fill mule-util hl-line mu4e-contacts mu4e-update mu4e-folders
mu4e-context mu4e-query-items mu4e-server mu4e-modeline mu4e-vars
mu4e-helpers mu4e-config mu4e-window magit-bookmark bookmark ido
mu4e-obsolete hippie-exp auto-dictionary flyspell ispell tramp-smb
which-key highlight-parentheses restclient yasnippet forge-list
forge-commands forge-semi forge-bitbucket buck forge-gogs gogs
forge-gitea gtea forge-gitlab glab forge-github ghub-graphql treepy
gsexp ghub let-alist forge-notify forge-revnote forge-pullreq
forge-issue forge-topic yaml forge-post markdown-mode thingatpt noutline
outline forge-repo forge forge-core forge-db closql
emacsql-sqlite-common emacsql emacsql-compiler eieio-base
magit-submodule magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff
smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log
magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor server magit-mode magit-git
magit-base magit-section cursor-sensor crm dash visual-filename-abbrev
rg vc vc-dispatcher rg-info-hack advice rg-menu transient rg-ibuffer
rg-result wgrep-rg wgrep rg-history rg-header ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs grep compile debbugs soap-client url-http url-auth
url-gw nsm warnings rng-xsd rng-dt rng-util xsd-regexp bug-reference
kind-icon svg-lib color corfu-history corfu vertico marginalia icomplete
mb-depth use-package-diminish switchy-window compat elec-pair recentf
tree-widget pixel-scroll cua-base edmacro kmacro use-package-bind-key
bind-key diminish repeat treesit saveplace tramp-sh savehist smiley
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader
gnus-util text-property-search mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils range
ef-themes cl-extra help-mode use-package-ensure use-package-core
finder-inf tramp rx tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc ring parse-time iso8601
time-date format-spec ansi-color cus-edit pp cus-load icons wid-edit
aggressive-indent-autoloads auto-dictionary-autoloads cape-autoloads
cargo-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads corfu-autoloads
csv-mode-autoloads debbugs-autoloads diminish-autoloads
diredfl-autoloads editorconfig-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads
elfeed-autoloads ement-autoloads expand-region-autoloads
fish-mode-autoloads forge-autoloads closql-autoloads emacsql-autoloads
ghub-autoloads highlight-parentheses-autoloads hl-todo-autoloads
kind-icon-autoloads magit-autoloads pcase git-commit-autoloads
marginalia-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads mastodon-autoloads
pdf-tools-autoloads persist-autoloads plz-autoloads puni-autoloads
easy-mmode rainbow-mode-autoloads rcirc-color-autoloads
request-autoloads restclient-autoloads rg-autoloads svg-lib-autoloads
symbol-overlay-autoloads tablist-autoloads taxy-magit-section-autoloads
taxy-autoloads magit-section-autoloads totp-autoloads
transient-autoloads treepy-autoloads ts-autoloads s-autoloads
dash-autoloads vertico-autoloads visual-filename-abbrev-autoloads
web-mode-autoloads wgrep-autoloads which-key-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads yaml-autoloads
yaml-mode-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win
term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 817006 172619) (symbols 48 55210 5) (strings 32 241804 7684)
 (string-bytes 1 6997482) (vectors 16 99513) (vector-slots 8 1205973 165006)
 (floats 8 713 2345) (intervals 56 2394 475) (buffers 984 22))