Subject: [PATCH 00/45] Fix builds and skip failing tests for the Hurd.
From: Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 16:38:12 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

Now that native builds work again on the Hurd, we need builds to succeed and
test suites to pass.  Sadly, quite some packages have several problems with
their test suite.  Notably e2fsprogs (+62), c-ares (+37), coreutils (+21),
python (+17), elfutils (+12), cmake (+11), curl (+9).  And then there's a
problem with gnulib's stack tests that we see some recurrences of.

Some good news, previous commits that skipped tests for sed and libunistring
can now be reverted, because their test suites pass.

Also, most probably problematic tests in the guile test suite were fixed on
guile master.  As I understand, Josselin is working on this, so way may want
to skip the patch for guile (or apply it anyway and revert it later).

Because many patches are almost trivial and similar, you may want to give some
specific comments to the non-trivial patches and possibly some general
comments for the trivial ones instead of a LGTM on every individual patch?

Greetings,
Janneke

Janneke Nieuwenhuizen (43):
  Revert "gnu: libunistring: Fix make check for the Hurd."
  gnu: guile: Skip hanging and failing pipe tests on the Hurd.
  gnu: coreutils: Skip hanging and failing test on the Hurd.
  gnu: grep: Update hanging and failing tests on the Hurd.
  Revert "gnu: sed: Skip failing test on GNU/Hurd."
  gnu: findutils: Move test-strerror_r from XFAIL to skip on the Hurd.
  gnu: diffutils: Remove test-perror2 from XFAIL_TESTS on the Hurd.
  gnu: gettext-minimal: Remove XFAIL_TESTS for the Hurd.
  gnu: m4: Skip gnulib stack-overflow tests for the Hurd.
  gnu: openssl: Build fix for the Hurd.
  gnu: python: Support native build on the Hurd.
  gnu: mpfr: Skip failing test on the Hurd.
  gnu: elfutils: Skip failing tests on the Hurd.
  gnu: libbsd: Skip failing test on the Hurd.
  gnu: c-ares: Skip failing tests on the Hurd.
  gnu: libgpg-error: Skip failing test on the Hurd.
  gnu: libgcrypt: Skip hanging benchmark tests on the Hurd.
  gnu: tcl: Remove failing tests on the Hurd..
  gnu: curl: Skip failing test on the Hurd.
  gnu: git: Skip failing test on the Hurd.
  gnu: emacs: Depend on libc-for-target.
  gnu: procps: Skip linux-version test for the Hurd.
  gnu: e2fsprogs: Skip failing tests on the Hurd.
  gnu: parted: Disable tests for the Hurd.
  gnu: libpaper: Disable tests for the Hurd.
  gnu: cairo: Support building for the Hurd.
  gnu: openssl-1.1: Fix shared build for the Hurd.
  gnu: ruby-2.6: Skip test on the Hurd.
  gnu: tcsh: Skip substitution tests on the Hurd.
  gnu: swig: Skip tests when building for the Hurd.
  gnu: zstd: Skip tests when building for the Hurd.
  gnu: cmake-bootstrap: Fix build for the Hurd.
  gnu: cmake-minimal: Skip tests on the Hurd.
  gnu: doxygen: Fix build for the Hurd.
  gnu: graphite2: Skip test on the Hurd.
  gnu: guile-git: Skip http proxy test on the Hurd.
  gnu: glib: Disable tests for the Hurd.
  gnu: ghostscript: Fix build for the Hurd.
  gnu: harfbuzz: Support build for the Hurd.
  gnu: pango: Support build for the Hurd.
  gnu: fontforge: Support build on the Hurd.
  gnu: po4a: Skip failing test on the Hurd.
  gnu: guile-2.0: Skip failing tests on the Hurd.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   5 +-
 gnu/packages/adns.scm                         |  68 +++++++++--
 gnu/packages/base.scm                         | 101 +++++++++-------
 gnu/packages/cmake.scm                        |  48 +++++---
 gnu/packages/compression.scm                  |   5 +-
 gnu/packages/curl.scm                         |  19 ++-
 gnu/packages/disk.scm                         |   1 +
 gnu/packages/documentation.scm                |  12 +-
 gnu/packages/elf.scm                          |  23 ++++
 gnu/packages/emacs.scm                        |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/fontutils.scm                    | 108 +++++++++++++-----
 gnu/packages/gettext.scm                      |  14 ++-
 gnu/packages/ghostscript.scm                  |  20 +++-
 gnu/packages/glib.scm                         |   3 +-
 gnu/packages/gnupg.scm                        |  92 +++++++++------
 gnu/packages/gtk.scm                          |  39 ++++---
 gnu/packages/guile.scm                        |  40 ++++++-
 gnu/packages/libbsd.scm                       |  12 +-
 gnu/packages/libunistring.scm                 |   8 +-
 gnu/packages/linux.scm                        |  85 +++++++++++++-
 gnu/packages/m4.scm                           |  12 +-
 gnu/packages/multiprecision.scm               |  12 ++
 gnu/packages/patches/doxygen-hurd.patch       |  30 +++++
 gnu/packages/patches/fontforge-hurd.patch     |  82 +++++++++++++
 .../patches/ghostscript-leptonica-hurd.patch  |  78 +++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/python.scm                       |  27 ++++-
 gnu/packages/ruby.scm                         |   9 +-
 gnu/packages/shells.scm                       |   9 +-
 gnu/packages/swig.scm                         |   3 +
 gnu/packages/tcl.scm                          |  10 +-
 gnu/packages/tls.scm                          |  18 ++-
 gnu/packages/version-control.scm              |  11 +-
 32 files changed, 820 insertions(+), 188 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/doxygen-hurd.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/fontforge-hurd.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ghostscript-leptonica-hurd.patch

base-commit: 61835f33c6fee35457c7277e3216c10c15d0a391
-- 
2.40.1