Subject: Update arm-trusted-firmware to 2.9
From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 20:47:49 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The attached patch updates arm-trusted-firmware to 2.9.

I was able to rebuild all the dependent u-boot-* packages!

Unfortunately, arm-trusted-firmware-imx8mq no longer builds, ending with
the error:

  aarch64-linux-gnu-ld.bfd: /tmp/guix-build-arm-trusted-firmware-imx8mq-2.9.drv-0/source/build/imx8mq/release/bl31/bl31.elf section `.xlat_table' will not fit in region `RAM'
  aarch64-linux-gnu-ld.bfd: BL31 image has exceeded its limit.
  aarch64-linux-gnu-ld.bfd: region `RAM' overflowed by 20480 bytes

Upstream has essentially abandoned this target due to tight size
contraints for imx8mq, though there is a maintained vendor fork based
off of some older version, so either we need to freeze this at 2.8 or
use the vendor fork or maybe drop it entirely. I do not believe
arm-trusted-firmware-imx8mq is used by any other guix packages...

... thoughts?

live well,
  vagrant
From 3e41d1cf2753757b45b81d75cd406c6fe0c5232b Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 20:14:17 -0700
Subject: [PATCH] gnu: arm-trusted-firmware: Update to 2.9.

* gnu/packages/firmware.scm (make-arm-trusted-firmware): Update to 2.9.
---
 gnu/packages/firmware.scm | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/firmware.scm b/gnu/packages/firmware.scm
index c7ca81c35a..04c9c7b580 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/firmware.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/firmware.scm
@@ -1025,7 +1025,7 @@ (define* (make-arm-trusted-firmware platform
                                        (gnu-triplet->nix-system triplet))))))
     (package
       (name (string-append "arm-trusted-firmware-" platform))
-      (version "2.8")
+      (version "2.9")
       (source
        (origin
          (method git-fetch)
@@ -1036,7 +1036,7 @@ (define* (make-arm-trusted-firmware platform
          (file-name (git-file-name "arm-trusted-firmware" version))
          (sha256
           (base32
-           "0grq3fgxi9xhcljnhwlxjvdghyz15gaq50raw41xy4lm8rkmnzp3"))
+           "16fjbn1zck0d8b554h8lk1svqqn0zlawvrlkjxry9l71s9h4vd0p"))
          (snippet
           #~(begin
               (use-modules (guix build utils))

base-commit: 428b810ca23fa1c1c565da15c0e95273f6487384
-- 
2.39.2