Subject: 29.0.91; org-evaluate-time-range does not return a value
From: "Adham Omran" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 14:32:59 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Steps to reproduce:-

1. Enter org-mode.
2. Run org-time-stamp twice and insert two dates.
3. Run org-evaluate-time-range

The expected result is the time difference between the two dates but
nothing occurs.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101008
System Description: NixOS 23.05 (Stoat)

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/l4myah23ny55hnmgwpdqrp5h8xf47jgx-emacs-29.0.91
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-xft --with-cairo --with-native-compilation --with-tree-sitter
 --with-xinput2'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: 
  value of $EMACSNATIVELOADPATH: /nix/store/fh28apmh77x0vdsf4fagmxzacps45296-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/native-lisp::
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  org-auto-tangle-mode: t
  global-jinx-mode: t
  jinx-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  telega-root-auto-fill-mode: t
  telega-active-video-chats-mode: t
  telega-active-locations-mode: t
  telega-patrons-mode: t
  envrc-global-mode: t
  envrc-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  persp-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  org-roam-db-autosync-mode: t
  global-ligature-mode: t
  ligature-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: -1
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: org-auto-fill-function
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/etc/profiles/per-user/adham/share/emacs/site-lisp/password-store hides /home/adham/.emacs.d/elpa/password-store-20230503.619/password-store
/run/current-system/sw/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start hides /nix/store/fh28apmh77x0vdsf4fagmxzacps45296-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start
/home/adham/.emacs.d/elpa/compat-29.1.4.1/compat-29 hides /nix/store/fh28apmh77x0vdsf4fagmxzacps45296-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/compat-29.1.4.1/compat-29
/home/adham/.emacs.d/elpa/compat-29.1.4.1/compat-27 hides /nix/store/fh28apmh77x0vdsf4fagmxzacps45296-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/compat-29.1.4.1/compat-27
/home/adham/.emacs.d/elpa/compat-29.1.4.1/compat-pkg hides /nix/store/fh28apmh77x0vdsf4fagmxzacps45296-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/compat-29.1.4.1/compat-pkg
/home/adham/.emacs.d/elpa/compat-29.1.4.1/compat hides /nix/store/fh28apmh77x0vdsf4fagmxzacps45296-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/compat-29.1.4.1/compat
/home/adham/.emacs.d/elpa/compat-29.1.4.1/compat-28 hides /nix/store/fh28apmh77x0vdsf4fagmxzacps45296-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/compat-29.1.4.1/compat-28
/home/adham/.emacs.d/elpa/compat-29.1.4.1/compat-25 hides /nix/store/fh28apmh77x0vdsf4fagmxzacps45296-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/compat-29.1.4.1/compat-25
/home/adham/.emacs.d/elpa/compat-29.1.4.1/compat-autoloads hides /nix/store/fh28apmh77x0vdsf4fagmxzacps45296-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/compat-29.1.4.1/compat-autoloads
/home/adham/.emacs.d/elpa/compat-29.1.4.1/compat-26 hides /nix/store/fh28apmh77x0vdsf4fagmxzacps45296-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/compat-29.1.4.1/compat-26
/home/adham/.emacs.d/elpa/compat-29.1.4.1/compat-macs hides /nix/store/fh28apmh77x0vdsf4fagmxzacps45296-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/compat-29.1.4.1/compat-macs
/home/adham/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230315.1520/transient hides /nix/store/l4myah23ny55hnmgwpdqrp5h8xf47jgx-emacs-29.0.91/share/emacs/29.0.91/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr cl-print debug backtrace shortdoc help-fns
radix-tree cal-move display-line-numbers calc-alg ucs-normalize
anki-editor tabify elfeed-link sh-script treesit executable calc-ext
calc-misc calc-menu calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs misearch
multi-isearch magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-blame magit-stash
magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs
magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
which-func magit-diff smerge-mode diff git-commit log-edit pcvs-util
add-log magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process magit-mode transient magit-git magit-base crm nix-mode
ffap smie nix-repl nix-shell nix-store nix-log nix-instantiate
nix-shebang nix-format nix whitespace org-timer org-duration mule-util
pdf-sync pdf-annot facemenu pdf-outline pdf-links pdf-history conf-mode
org-auto-tangle ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex
ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox async oc-basic ol-eww
eww mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader range
ol-docview doc-view ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi jinx
pass password-store auth-source-pass with-editor server telega-obsolete
telega telega-tdlib-events telega-webpage telega-match telega-root
telega-info telega-chat telega-modes telega-company telega-emoji
telega-user telega-notifications telega-voip telega-msg telega-tme
telega-sticker telega-i18n telega-vvnote bindat telega-ffplay
telega-sort telega-filter telega-ins telega-folders telega-inline
telega-util telega-media telega-tdlib rainbow-identifiers dired-aux
telega-server telega-core cursor-sensor telega-customize emacsbug
counsel swiper ivy ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir envrc inheritenv
exec-path-from-shell doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments
doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core shrink-path hl-line time quail
elfeed-show elfeed-search vc-git diff-mode message sendmail yank-media
rfc822 mml mml-sec gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev
gmm-utils shr pixel-fill kinsoku svg dom elfeed-csv elfeed elfeed-curl
elfeed-log elfeed-db elfeed-lib url-queue url-file xml-query persp-mode
writeroom-mode visual-fill-column which-key vterm face-remap term
disp-table ehelp vterm-module term/xterm xterm autorevert pixel-scroll
cua-base delsel corfu quarto-mode request mailheader mail-utils
ess-view-data ess-r-mode ess-r-flymake flymake-proc flymake ess-r-xref
ess-trns ess-r-package ess-r-completion ess-roxy ess-r-syntax ess-rd
hideshow ess-s-lang ess-help ess-mode ess-rdired ess-inf ess-tracebug
poly-markdown polymode poly-lock polymode-base polymode-weave
polymode-export polymode-compat polymode-methods polymode-core
polymode-classes eieio-custom eieio-base ess ess-utils ess-custom
flycheck lsp-pyright lsp-mode lsp-protocol tree-widget network-stream
puny nsm markdown-mode lv inline ht filenotify ewoc rainbow-delimiters
paredit graphviz-dot-mode gnuplot info-look cider tramp-sh cider-debug
cider-browse-ns cider-mode cider-find cider-inspector cider-completion
cider-profile cider-eval cider-jar arc-mode archive-mode
cider-repl-history pulse cider-repl cider-resolve cider-test
cider-overlays cider-stacktrace cider-doc cider-browse-spec
cider-clojuredocs cider-eldoc cider-client cider-common xref project
cider-connection cider-util color cider-popup sesman-browser
nrepl-client tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
tramp-compat parse-time ls-lisp queue nrepl-dict spinner parseedn
parseclj-parser parseclj-lex parseclj-alist clojure-mode-expansions
sesman vc vc-dispatcher clojure-mode lisp-mnt align chatgpt-shell ielm
esh-mode shell-maker view goto-addr avy saveplace-pdf-view saveplace
pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tablist tablist-filter
semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu
pdf-tools compile cus-edit cus-load wid-edit pdf-view jka-compr
pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util pdf-macs image-mode exif cdlatex reftex
reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars elec-pair org-alert alert log4e
notifications dbus xml gntp comp comp-cstr warnings org-roam-migrate
org-roam-log org-roam-mode org-roam-capture org-roam-id org-roam-node
org-roam-db emacsql-sqlite-builtin sqlite org-roam-utils org-roam-compat
org-roam org-capture org-attach emacsql-sqlite emacsql-sqlite-common
emacsql emacsql-compiler magit-section f f-shortdoc org-habit org-agenda
org-clock find-lisp dired dired-loaddefs org-journal org-crypt epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config cal-iso org-cliplink
org-cliplink-transport org-cliplink-string em-glob unicode-fonts
ligature ef-light-theme ef-themes cursory scheduler personal ts dash
ledger-mode ledger-check ledger-texi ledger-test ledger-sort
ledger-report ledger-reconcile ledger-occur ledger-fonts ledger-fontify
ledger-state ledger-complete ledger-schedule ledger-init ledger-xact
ledger-post ledger-exec ledger-navigate eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt
esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util files-x
ledger-context ledger-commodities ledger-regex ankifier citar citar-file
citar-cache citar-format parsebib bibtex iso8601 s expand-region
text-mode-expansions the-org-mode-expansions org-element org-persist xdg
org-id org-refile avl-tree generator er-basic-expansions thingatpt
expand-region-core advice expand-region-custom orderless consult
bookmark text-property-search pp edmacro kmacro marginalia savehist
vertico compat gcmh cl-extra help-mode general ob-clojure ob-js ob-shell
shell ob-R ob-dot use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode
use-package-core finder-inf writeroom-mode-autoloads ligature-autoloads
org-alert-autoloads org-journal-autoloads lsp-pyright-autoloads
auctex-autoloads tex-site telega-autoloads unicode-fonts-autoloads
font-utils-autoloads ts-autoloads exwm-autoloads xelb-autoloads
ef-themes-autoloads org-roam-autoloads corfu-autoloads vertico-autoloads
emacsql-autoloads wakatime-mode-autoloads anki-editor-autoloads
citar-autoloads quarto-mode-autoloads poly-markdown-autoloads
polymode-autoloads paredit-autoloads ucs-utils-autoloads
ledger-mode-autoloads graphviz-dot-mode-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads
nix-mode-autoloads general-autoloads rainbow-identifiers-autoloads
doom-themes-autoloads marginalia-autoloads gcmh-autoloads
org-cliplink-autoloads git-modes-autoloads magit-autoloads pcase
magit-section-autoloads doom-modeline-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
orderless-autoloads cdlatex-autoloads avy-autoloads
saveplace-pdf-view-autoloads request-autoloads
exec-path-from-shell-autoloads ess-view-data-autoloads
csv-mode-autoloads ess-autoloads visual-fill-column-autoloads
persistent-soft-autoloads list-utils-autoloads cl pcache-autoloads
org-auto-tangle-autoloads async-autoloads counsel-autoloads
swiper-autoloads ivy-autoloads meow-autoloads shrink-path-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads which-key-autoloads citeproc-autoloads
parsebib-autoloads lsp-ui-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads lv-autoloads
ht-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads string-inflection-autoloads
expand-region-autoloads flycheck-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads
epl-autoloads jinx-autoloads pass-autoloads f-autoloads dash-autoloads
password-store-otp-autoloads s-autoloads password-store-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads pdf-tools-autoloads
tablist-autoloads envrc-autoloads inheritenv-autoloads alert-autoloads
log4e-autoloads gntp-autoloads persp-mode-autoloads elfeed-autoloads
embark-consult-autoloads consult-autoloads embark-autoloads
transient-autoloads info compat-autoloads cider-autoloads
sesman-autoloads spinner-autoloads queue-autoloads parseedn-autoloads
parseclj-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads vterm-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring org-list org-footnote
org-faces org-entities time-date subr-x noutline outline icons
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol rx org-fold
org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs format-spec cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1681550 425564)
 (symbols 48 77930 23)
 (strings 32 395274 146761)
 (string-bytes 1 12787621)
 (vectors 16 226073)
 (vector-slots 8 4228319 1504837)
 (floats 8 1933 2093)
 (intervals 56 14764 6977)
 (buffers 984 87))