Subject: Re: bug#63514: alacritty>=0.12.0 does not work with Wayland
From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
To: Lars-Dominik Braun <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 13:09:01 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Mon, May 15, 2023 at 09:18:01AM +0200, Lars-Dominik Braun wrote:
> Hi Efraim,
> 
> since the upgrade from alacritty 0.9 to 0.12 it does not work any more
> with the DISPLAY environment variable unset (i.e. without xwayland). The
> error message is:
> 
> thread 'main' panicked at 'Failed to initialize any backend! Wayland status: NoWaylandLib X11 status: XOpenDisplayFailed', /tmp/guix-build-alacritty-0.12.0.drv-0/source/guix-vendor/rust-winit-0.28.3.tar.gz/src/platform_impl/linux/mod.rs:757:9
> 
> Could you have a look?

This should now be fixed, feel free to re-open if its still not working
for you.

(ins)efraim@3900XT ~/workspace/guix$ ./pre-inst-env guix shell alacritty
(ins)efraim@3900XT ~/workspace/guix [env]$ DISPLAY="" alacritty
warning: queue 0x7f40b0000cc0 destroyed while proxies still attached:
  zwp_primary_selection_offer_v1@4278190081 still attached
  wl_data_offer@4278190080 still attached
  zwp_primary_selection_device_v1@29 still attached
  zwp_primary_selection_device_manager_v1@21 still attached
  wl_data_device@28 still attached
  wl_seat@27 still attached
  wl_data_device_manager@25 still attached
  wl_registry@20 still attached
warning: queue 0x55d2489cbe70 destroyed while proxies still attached:
  wl_shm_pool@40 still attached
  xdg_wm_base@32 still attached
  wl_output@15 still attached
  wl_output@14 still attached
  wl_seat@13 still attached
  xdg_activation_v1@12 still attached
  wp_viewporter@11 still attached
  zwp_text_input_manager_v3@10 still attached
  zwp_pointer_constraints_v1@9 still attached
  zwp_relative_pointer_manager_v1@8 still attached
  zxdg_decoration_manager_v1@7 still attached
  wl_subcompositor@6 still attached
  wl_compositor@5 still attached
  wl_shm@4 still attached
  wl_registry@2 still attached
warning: queue 0x55d2489fbe80 destroyed while proxies still attached:
  wl_callback@45 still attached

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   פלשנר אפרים
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted